Customer reviews

on 18 March 2015
I really didn't think Walden could come up with a better adventure than The Overlord Protocol, but he's done it again.
When Nero is captured by the supposedly-good H.O.P.E and someone who no one expected to return becomes the head of H.I.V.E, Raven (who has just arrived from a mission) is forced to evacuate Otto, Wing, Laura and Shelby from the school and join forces with Diabolus Darkdoom -Nigel's supposedly dead father- who takes control from a massive submarine known as the Megalodon. However, it soon becomes apparent that the Overlord, inside Number One's body, is behind the whole plot. Otto is Number One's clone, designed as a perfect host for the Overlord. Otto only narrowly escapes being taken overwith the sacrifice of H.I.V.E mind. Meanwhile, H.I.V.E. is under attack by the executioners known as the Reapers, the fights ensues as the teachers are shut out of H.I.V.E's systems, finally when all hope is lost the Contessa sacrifices herself to save the school by setting off a massive puddle of jet fuel.
Yet another exciting, page turning and gripping book and I would recomend it to anyone who has read any other H.I.V.E books and anyone else also.
on 27 December 2012
This is one of the best series I have ever read, they just get better and better, think James Bond but if he were at school learning to be a villian instead meets mallory towers, all the innocence of a kids book where the kids can be the heros but in a modern and up to date setting. I am 30 and i have read the whole set and the new one due out in 2013 is on pre order and I am counting down! I often find kids books better than adult ones as i enjoy the innocence of them compared to adult books i would rather it be about the adventure of the story.

these books are fast paced and utterly addictve
One person found this helpful
on 30 July 2011
This is one of the excellent HIVE books by Mark Walden. Bought the audiobook as well as the paper version. Worth every penny. I can unreservedly recommend all of the HIVE books up to Zero Hour. Although they are teenager books, I have thoroughly enjoyed these books myself - as have some of my friends who had also bought them for their sons!
2 people found this helpful
on 13 February 2018
So far, out of all of the books, this is my favorite(especielly the ending) . Why didn't the people who make theese devices le there be a 6 or 7 stars? Please read this amazing book. I recommend u 2 do it, and follow mark walden.
on 8 March 2018
Great
on 18 January 2015
I love this book and like all the other ones. Filled with action, story and amazing characters. If you are into books with: A 13 year olds. B Assasins C Action packed battles. Read it.
on 4 August 2016
This book was truly incredible, full evil baddies and and good guys to stop them. The book is full of exciting plot twists and an incredible plot.
on 22 December 2015
I am loving the Hive series at the moment. I plan on following it to the end.
on 8 June 2017
My son (aged10) loves this series.
on 11 March 2014
This book was awesome I loved every single not of it I go to secondary school and this Book was the only one in their almost complete series they didn't have I highly recommend this book and I also recommend Artemis Fowl