on 31 March 2016
I bought this book for my son to read for world book day as he loved all the films and hes getting a lot better with his reading now (hes nearly 7). This book is really nice it is a good size for my son to carry around with him and been paperback its not too heavy for him and the text is a nice readable size for him. I think the price for this book is excellent and I would have expected it to cost more than it did. I am sure I will be back to purchase the next book in the series for him once hes completed reading this once. would recommend to others.
on 11 August 2016
Cannot praise this set enough.
These re-prints are beautifully made. I purchased the Children's edition, as I heard some negative comments regarding the Adult re-prints and I certainly don't regret it. The font is marginally larger in the first 3 books, but returns to the commonly smaller font size from Goblet of Fire onward. The covers are still very well designed, despite them being the child variants, and the book/page quality is lovely. If you're familiar with the Game of Thrones books (slightly different from the magical world of Harry Potter, I must admit), then that may give you an idea of the page and cover quality, as they're very similar.
Needless to say the contents of the books are some of the best fantasy literature that has ever been published, and is enjoyable for children and adults alike. The perfect set for introducing children to the Harry Potter world, and for adults likewise.
Highly recommended.
on 6 February 2017
I am now around 3/4 of the way through the book and it is as good as I hoped it would be. Having watched all the movies I wanted to read the books to just pad out the storylines a bit more, as I know it is impossible to put every detail into a film. The films have kept to the main element of the book and I hope all the rest will be as good.
on 13 January 2014
Harry has returned to his second year at Hogwarts. After nearly getting expelled the moment he arrives he plans to be on his best behaviour but as usual it doesn't look promising when the muggle-born population are under attack.

I found this book to not be as good as the first one. It lacked a certain something. I can't place my finger on what, but whatever it was by no means makes this book worthy of anything other than the five stars it deserves.

The best character in this book by far was Dobby the house elf. He was so adorable! I found it amusing when poor old Sir Nick got petrified and had to go to the hospital wing.

Loved the ending of this book. Once again we meet a form of the almost destroyed Lord Voldemort. The dude obviously doesn't know when to give up! You have to feel sorry for somebody like that.

Once again the adventures of Harry Potter will leave you gripped to the book wanting to keep turning the pages until you inevitably finish the book.
on 22 September 2016
Brilliant! I studied Latin at high school for 5 years and I can just about follow the story because I know it so well. I love the way they've made up pseudo-Latin words for words with no Latin translation. I taught Latin to a group of primary school students and they were fascinated by this book!!
Fantastic for anyone who's into Harry Potter and has an interest in Latin!
on 8 August 2016
Having bought this for my elder son, I found myself buying them again for my younger sons 10th birthday so that he had his own copy. The cover is much updated and has a lovely feel to it. Yes, that does sound as strange as it reads but I do judge a cover on its design and feel. He hasn't read it or the others (I bought the first 3) but was delighted to have his own copies. Based on the first 3 books I think I will buy the remaining books for his Christmas so that he has the full set in this design.
on 5 January 2017
Fantastic collection of the complete Harry Potter books. My Son is over the moon, he is mad about Harry Potter and the magic these stories bring. Purchased just at the right time, so I was very happy with the price, after a hiccup with the delivery, I received the replaced order the next day and it was well worth the wait.
on 10 January 2015
I adore this book. As a fan of Latin things, I have thoroughly enjoyed picking my way through Harrius Potter. It really does help with learning Latin (and mastering the imperfect tense!), and it makes the entire experience enjoyable. A very good quality translation (much better than Hobbitus Ille), so you'll find it refreshes your grammar well. I'd say your Latin doesn't need to be excellent to get the gist of what's going on, as long as you know the sotry well, so I'd recommend for all levels. In many ways, it was better to get it before I could read it easily as it was a fun way to measure my progression with Latin!
on 3 May 2015
My seven year old grandson gallops through Tom Gates, Billy Bonkers, Dirty Bertie and Astrosaurs books.
Wanting to stretch him a bit and after discussion with his mother, started him on David Walliams and he has devoured the whole lot.
After further discussions, I got this for him and....he galloped through it, although he did have to ask for help with a small number of words and concepts - he tells me it is brilliant.
HP 2 is on order and, when we have finished the HP series, I suppose it will have to be Dostoevsky, Zola or Kafka.
on 19 April 2014
The sellers were helpful and quick to reply to emails.
We bought this and all the others in the series from this seller as first publication copies in clean, unread, condition. The books had naturally aged with time, but this only added to their charm.
We bought them for my daughter who had originally grown up reading and watching the harry potter books and films. She was only three when we bought the first book in 1997 and so the books we had, had become damaged and battered after a decade of child ownership.
So the new set was a wonderfully received 20th birthday gift.