1,822
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 5 December 2016
So many books aimed at cooking with vegetables focus on creating the same meals, but with substitutes for the meat element. I'm not a vegetarian, but I want to cut down my meat eating to a couple of times a week. Hugh's book could have been written for me. He ignores the concept of making substitutes for meat and instead creates recipes making vegetables the star of the show, no meat or meat substitute required.

And very tasty they are too. It's also a beautiful book with that 'soft' pastel feel and lovely artwork. It's a big chunk of a book too, lots to get your teeth into, literally. I'd recommend this book to anyone looking to expand their cooking knowledge of vegetables well past the boil or steam methods... It also covers some of the more 'exotic' veg you see in the store but were too afraidRiver Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day) to buy as you've no idea what to do with them...
on 3 December 2016
Even though I do not really enjoy veg this inspired me to try a lot of the recipes which really enjoyed and have repeated
on 12 May 2017
One of my favourite and most used cookbooks. All the recipes I have made are delicious and relatively cheap to make so I would definitely recommend this one.
on 23 June 2017
This is a superb book. I've recently gone back to being mainly vegetarian and the recipes are terrific. Even my husband is converted. The roasted ratatouille, the Dauphinoise potatoes, the glazed carrots...wonderful. Buy it and enjoy !
on 3 May 2017
Simple, easy but delicious meals. Still working my way through it.
on 20 June 2017
A complete 'must have' cook book, if you love your veg but need ideas in order to be a bit more adventurous.
on 13 June 2017
I got this for my daughter in law who is vegetarian who was delighted with it.
Margaret
on 24 June 2017
Another great Fearnley-Whittingstall book for my collection. Lovely and imaginative recipes.
on 23 June 2017
Love this man; love his back to nature, down to earth cooking
on 28 January 2017
Purchased as a present - recipient happy