Customer reviews

1,834
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 20 June 2016
I'm not a vegetarian but I try to eat healthily and not eat too much meat. I also don't have much time for cooking and little inclination to search for obscure ingredients. If I can't get it at Sainsburys or Tesco, then I'm not interested.

HF-W has produced a variety of tasty, seasonal recipes here. I've tried quite a few over the past few years when I got this book. Some have been more successful than others, but that's true about any cookery book. I have recommended this book to friends and they have been very impressed by it. Some of the recipes are accompaniments, others are meals in themselves. Some are a bit of a faff, if they look too fiddly then I don't bother, but mostly they are reasonably straightforward, practical and accessible. And tasty.
on 3 December 2016
Even though I do not really enjoy veg this inspired me to try a lot of the recipes which really enjoyed and have repeated
on 23 June 2017
This is a superb book. I've recently gone back to being mainly vegetarian and the recipes are terrific. Even my husband is converted. The roasted ratatouille, the Dauphinoise potatoes, the glazed carrots...wonderful. Buy it and enjoy !
on 9 August 2017
LOVE this ! Bought it because we know people who work there and expected to feel a bit 'vanilla' about it
NOT SO - we really love it - my boys leaf through it and choose their fave dishes - really great functional tasty food. Did the pearl barley salad again last night and just yummy
MORE PLEASE HUGH!!!
on 3 May 2017
Simple, easy but delicious meals. Still working my way through it.
on 20 June 2017
A complete 'must have' cook book, if you love your veg but need ideas in order to be a bit more adventurous.
on 13 June 2017
I got this for my daughter in law who is vegetarian who was delighted with it.
Margaret
on 24 June 2017
Another great Fearnley-Whittingstall book for my collection. Lovely and imaginative recipes.
on 29 June 2017
good recipes from a known chef
easy to follow and whizz up a meal
on 16 March 2012
I just received this book so I haven't tried any of its recipes yet but I have to say that they all look very appetising and doable, the pictures also are stunning. I am not a vegetarian per se but I eat a lot of vegetables and I often eat vegetarian-only meals so I am really eager to try some of this recipes, especially the ones in the "pasta", "bread" and "tapas" sections. Recommended!