on 2 October 2015
A really nice cookbook with lots of recipes that can be used for weaning the traditional way,baby led and the rest of the family.
on 18 November 2014
Bought as a gift. Was well received. Book arrived on time, well packaged and a very useful book for ideas for the weaning child.
on 23 April 2014
I love this book. It is very well written and offers positive considered advice and resources for parents and carers to consider how they want to approach weaning. The author is an advocate of baby-led weaning, but does not dismiss the use of purees. I've been using a bit of both. This book has made me really enjoy preparing food for my 7 month old, and I'm happy to know he is getting the most nutritious of foods. It has some delicious recipes that the whole family can eat; and encourages children to have a positive association with food and the kitchen. The book also covers breast feeding and, if like me you struggle to keep up breast milk supply, it has advice on formula milk. While we all know breast is best, it's not feasible for all mums and it can be soul destroying when you realise your child is not getting the supply of milk they need from you. So it's great to find a book like this that provides resource on helping to find the right formula milk without making you feel any worse than you already do (this was me). I now have a very happy healthy little bubba who loves nutritious foods. To top it all it has a lovely look and feel that can withstand a messy kitchen environment. Thanks River Cottage for providing such an excellent resource...I think this warrants a TV series...???
on 11 November 2012
This book has some fab recipes in. We have used lots already. They are great for little ones and grown ups! Very tasty!
on 4 June 2013
I was at a loss during weaning as no recipes from health visitor & my parents' way of doing things has since passed out of fashion (tapicoa tea!). So I was delighted to find a book with quantities and balanced nutrition and ideas on substitution for weaning. There's good sections on tackling feeding behaviour, keeping a balanced diet and foods to avoid at certain young ages. My son is lactose intolerant and the advice wasn't great in this regard but I have that covered by the NHS dietician and it is easy to substitute in these recipes with lactose-free ingredients from my local supermarket. Approx 2/3 of the book is devoted to seasonal recipes for all the family, with tweaks at the top of the recipe for babies. Finally, I could give up on specially cooking separate meals for adults and children. Bit of a revelation for me. However, ultimately not all the recipes are ones that my son will eat right now (due to palate and limited teeth) but this book was the right one at the right time and I think it will come into its own again in a year. I will admit to batch cooking & freezing some of the recipes in here for my child as they are such winners.
on 2 January 2013
this is a well written and informative cook book with great tips for new Mothers
well done I am glad I bought it
on 12 May 2011
Another positive review for this fantastic book! This is the best book of it's kind I've seen and I have quite a few. I just wish I'd had it when starting my first child on solids.

This book provides a balanced guide to weaning and beyond. Whether you are weaning onto purees, baby led weaning or a combination of both, this book is a great guide.
on 27 June 2015
I love the fact these recipes for babies can be enjoyed by the whole family. I found the book informative as well.
on 16 December 2015
This book was recommended by friends and fully comes up to expectations. Meals can be equally enjoyed by adults.
on 9 September 2013
My daughter loves this book and has made a number of meals for her little baby. Easy to follow and fun to make.