Customer reviews

101 Things to Do to Become a Superhero (... or Evil Genius)
Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 3 October 2010
As a huge fan of quirky title I absolutely cannot restrain myself when a new one lands. So when this offering arrived I pretty much sat down and got on with it. What you'll find within is a book full of fun and one that offers advice on becoming a Super Hero or (if you're more inclined) an evil genius which backs up each point with a handy checklist and sticky stars so that you know what you've done and done well.

Its great fun, its something that will appeal to not just young readers but Super Hero fans of all ages (including those who got a real joy out of Kickass) and will make a great stocking filler for the hero in your life. My only real complaint is in how the book is split by one chapter for heroes, one for villains, to me it would have made more sense if the villain section had been taken and reversed so that you read back to front for the villains and front to back for heroes. It would have kept it easier for people to pick which way they wanted to go and to follow it through completely. That said, it is a minor complaint and shouldn't really reflect on the fun that the reader of this title will have.
on 16 December 2010
A fun book with lots of activities and bits to fill in. Great for early teens or warped adults who have plans to take over the world. Amusing stocking filler or secret santa, but only for those with a certain sense of humour.
on 10 January 2011
Bought this for my sister, she loved the idea of getting new ideas as she is aready a self confessed evil genius
on 14 February 2013
It's an instruction book on how to be a superhero or evil genius, and includes a simple explanation on how to do each part of it, together with a section on the opposite page to confirm how you did and whether you used it for good or evil. While it's entertaining enough and clearly aimed at kids, the amount of writing in it would suggest it's for older children, and unless they're into the superhero genre (in which case a graphic novel might be a better option), they might find it a little wordy
on 26 December 2014
I got this for my younger brother because he loves superheroes and thinks he's the smartest person on the planet. He loved it, and it looks fantastic. Oh, and it arrived in time for Christmas.
on 13 January 2011
I bought this book when I was really struggling to find a present for my brother for christmas, and I was not disappointed. Wanting to by something funny but interesting for a 16 year old is never easy, but this book is seriosuly perfect. For the price, I think its a bargain. Bright colours and really witty and the presentation is fantastic. Would recommend for 'big kids' of all ages!
on 17 March 2016
Just a silly gift for my fiancé who was a geek before it was cool. It looks fun and no doubt i ll be reading it too!
on 14 February 2013
This was a gift for my cousin during Christmas as I thought he would like something different; I think he liked it!
on 2 January 2011
The best thing I ever read, brilliant. Buy it, Buy it, Buy it. It is fun and very well set out.
on 6 March 2016
Very funny and a great little humorous gift and stocking filler that was much appreciated.