on 26 January 2014
I enjoyed the early bits of this book, thought it got a bit unbelievable and confusing. Probably will not read it again
on 21 August 2014
This book was quite hard going. The thought processes of the main character are at times difficult to follow. It was interesting and in parts gripping, but I wouldn't give it the glowing reports on the back cove.
on 27 January 2014
As ever - a masterpiece. A fascinating and beautiful read. I love her books. Well worth waiting for. Thank you Donna.
on 10 November 2014
started well but very long got fed up in the end and didn't finish it - may get round to it in the holidays
on 24 May 2014
Tartt has created another totally convincing world and set of characters. I wouldn't rate this as my favorite of her books (That remains MY Little Friend) but I was fully engrossed by it. I found the passages involving a lot of drug-taking a bit hard to read but very much cared about what would happen to the characters, particularly Theo.
on 1 October 2015
I loved it when you find a book you don't want to end, it becomes your companion for a while. That was this book for me.
on 7 January 2014
I couldn't put this down. Written through the eyes of a teenage boy, this is a story of grief and adjustment to no longer having a loving parent. Very astutely written with humour and pathos.
on 21 June 2015
Thanks, great story if rather depressing
on 6 February 2014
I wasn't expecting to love this book as I'd read Secret History which was not in the list of my favourites. This, however, will be. Wonderfully written and so emotionally descriptive.
on 18 September 2015
Great characters and a very satisfying conclusion