on 30 October 2009
At last! Just in time to be useful in A level classrooms up and down the country. My first impressions are that this will be an extremely useful addition to the AQA course and I am recommending that my students obtain a copy as soon as possible. I suspect that other tutors may do the same.
on 2 January 2014
Love this period of history and bought the book purely for enjoyment and not for studying.
Clear and precise. Good read
on 5 April 2014
Overall, the book is well laid out in keeping with the demands of the syllabus so provides an excellent starting point and does cover anything, albeit at times briefly. However,there are several errors throughout and statements which seem to contradict each other- so when I personally noted things I would try to cross-reference them. To this end, I found Kamen's 'Spain, 1469-1714: A Society of Conflict' much more useful, especially in terms of facts and more specific details and would recommend the use of this alongside the standard text book.
on 16 April 2016