on 3 October 2013
I listened to it in my car over three days of short journeys. I think it provides a good overview of the War between the States which is an ongoing interest of mine.

I would have proffered less on the long term term consequences and more on the 1861-65 battles and politics. The second CD is a review of the consequences up to Dr. Martin Luther King (and beyond!); maybe this should have been a separate set of CDs to do it justice.

Nevertheless, excellent value and easy to listen to without being too 'Janet and John.

Stephen Herring
on 9 February 2015
present for my dad who has every book on American Civil so thought a CD would be a refreshing change from having to read!
on 23 January 2013
i was going through civil war cd and dvd for my son-in-law and came across this cd which he loves.