on 27 August 2017
I really loved this! The book is for Higher English at my school and to take some stress off I thought I'd finally get into the world of audio books and be engrossed ever so entirely into Graham Greene's beautiful Brighton Rock!

When it began I was intimidated by the low rumble of the Reader, who's name has fell out of my brain, and worried I'd fall asleep to it! His voice is incredibly soothing and calm and I fell in love with the way he read Molly, "The Boy" and "Hale"! (I'm desperately trying not to give ANYTHING away!).

As it went on and the plot thickened I became accustomed to the voice and fell deep into the world and the story I was being told, so beautifully.

After finished I rushed to buy the book, and read it as well for myself. Not because I needed to, but because I really wanted to read it with my own eyes and a different speed this time and work on analysis for my exam this year.

Overrall, and I'm an avid reader, Brighton Rock just because my favourite book.

So thank you! And yes! I highly recommend it.
on 5 August 2017
This is the first Graham Greene I have ever read and its clear the man can really write. Having said that there is only so much self loathing I can take and this seemed to be the only emotion Pinkie had. I know that he's not supposed to be a sympathetic character but I got bored reading his inner thoughts when all he could think about was how he hated everyone including himself.
on 9 December 2016
An amazing story, powerfully written. Although published in 1938 the messages are as valid as ever - evil versus good, right against wrong. Avoid the latest film, it is a travesty of the book. Time is better spent reading the original
on 1 November 2015
Graham Green is a master. This is another of his classic stories. Brilliantly written page turner. A five star read from a five star writer!
on 28 November 2016
Not doing a full review but it's a worthwhile read. Just as well since it is a 20th century classic! Pretty earthy.
on 16 August 2015
A classic read and glad I downloaded it onto my kindle. Would recommend people to read it
on 17 July 2017
Loved this book. As relevant today as when it was published in 1938. Read it on Holiday so can identify with the landmarks in the Brighton area.
on 27 November 2016
really good copy, used for alevel english. very interesting book too, love this author. Plus came early which was a bonus
on 31 March 2017
Lovely and pocket size....love it!
on 23 July 2015
This was always a great read pure vintage writing from a past master of his trade not to be missed.