on 31 May 2014
I didn't like this one from Agatha christie. There is always going to be from someone whom is good at storytelling that something they wrote is not as great as some others. I've been spoilt from 4.50 from Paddington, Sleeping Murders and Destination unknown. this didn't have a lot going for it. I found it odd..
on 20 September 2010
Avid fan of Agatha C, and due to recent health problems struggle to concentrate on reading books now, so, wanted to buy a audio book by a writer i was familiar with, and what a great start, it's a short one, just 2 nights to do, but what a really good plot. The narator has a really pleasing tone too, tried another "audio" before, and the person reading put me off. If you're not familiar with Agatha Christie's form, this is a great one to start your collection off with, equally, if you do like Agatha C & thrillers/crime/mysteries, and are new to audio books it's a perfect one to start with. Thoroughly recommended as it will keep you guessing right up to the last part!
on 8 September 2017
Probably the best novel she wrote in the 1960s or 1970s.
However, I don't know if anyone else has noticed but it clearly derives from a less elaborate Miss Marple short story called The Case of the Caretaker which was published 25 years earlier in the Strand magazine, and later in Miss Marples' Final Cases.
on 27 December 2013
Having read most of Agatha's work I found this book rather strange, in fact the story didn't quite fit. However the further I read the genius of Agatha's writing began to show through. It's an excellent story and I wish I could give it more than five stars. Fully recommended to Kindle readers.
on 26 April 2016
The TV production obviously gave away the main plot, but the story as told by AC herself has a few more twists in it. A tad slow in places, but a very good read.
on 23 February 2018
very good
on 4 April 2016
Dark and strange but gripping. Good cd, arrived quickly and in excellent condition.
on 3 January 2014
I was a bit disappointed in this book, as I was expecting a more enjoyable ride. It is quite a departure from every other Agatha Christie book I have read; very different in style even to others which don't feature Poirot or Marple. It is obviously well written as ever, but more of a horror story in a way. It left me with a similar feeling to watching a Hitchcock film. Increasingly sinister and creepy with a backdrop of malevolance. This may well have been the intention, in which case she has executed it perfectly, but just not what I was hoping for!
on 2 May 2018
Haven't read an Agatha Christie for a long time. This was your uaual Christie as I remember and not a Marple. Poirot or Tuppence in sight but it drew you along and had a real twist in the tail. Worth a read.
on 15 March 2018