on 3 August 2009
This abridged dramatization is an exciting introduction to this famous story. My four little girls (aged 2-8) followed the plot easily and listened happily as they colored at the table while the rain poured down outside!
on 17 April 2012
I listened to this with my eleven year old nephew whilst driving a long drive to Devon. It was fabulous - and I, as the grown up, learned loads about the slave trade and the 'real' story of Robinson Crusoe. Because of the first person narration, my nephew was convinced that it was really Robinson Crusoe telling us about his adventures which is really rather cute, don't you think?
on 29 January 2016
After reading all the fabulous reviews I was keen to listen to this classic with my 2 children. It is brilliantly dramatised but I am left in shock at the graphic description of the cannibalism and the smell of cooking human flesh! My children (4 and 6) are enjoying it although a little scared and somewhat confused by the jumps back in time and the dated description of the slaves. I had to double check the CD sleeve for a age rating. It is a brilliant story but would strongly advise for 8 years and older.
on 31 October 2012
This is performed almost as a play rather than read as a story. I have only listened with my son to the first half so far in extremely stressful driving conditions and he is rather confused so it may be a little over the head of a six year old. Also because of the skipping back and forth in time. It is very atmospheric though and I am sure he is going to love it when we get the chance to listen again and talk about it.
on 17 September 2012
There is a good cast for this classic, with great audio action. I bought this for my two sons aged 7 and 10 yrs, my youngest son found it difficult to understand and a little too scarey, but the eldest enjoyed it.
on 15 June 2011
I suggested this as an Easter present for my 5 year old son & it's a great hit! Really enjoyable & great for adults as well! Will def be on the playlist for the next long car journey.
on 22 August 2015
A bit dated and language a bit difficult for 6-8 years old otherwise good
on 20 April 2012
I bought this for my son and he really enjoyed it. A great story, a real classic. He's been listening to it almost nightly since receiving it.
Highly recommended!!!
on 27 May 2015
An easy way for younger children to access classic stories that they are unable to read themselves. The whole family enjoyed listening.
on 16 July 2013
great delivery and condition, really enjoyed it, I can not wait hear all the rest of the spoken words I have recived