on 20 December 2014
The Secret Seven are growing up all the chararacters are developing, even the side characters like Susie are being being given bigger parts. This was not my faverite of the SS stories. The mystery was too oblivious my seven year old, worked it out less then half way through the book. The story is ok not great more of a moral lesson and does show the grey between good and bad.
on 5 July 2002
We listened to many audio books on a long car journey - and every time we finished one there were shouts for "Puzzle for the Secret Seven" again. It was popular with everyone in the car. The dramatisation was excellent; the rhymes were particularly funny. It has an old-fashioned charm with a good, compelling storyline!
THE “SECRET SEVEN” SERIES

THEY ARE THE BEST FOR A FIRST READ!

Enid’s early works include the ‘Secret Seven Society’ books featuring Peter (the society's leader), Janet (Peter's sister), Jack, Barbara, George, Pam and Colin. They were the catalyst which encouraged me to start reading more than 50 years ago. Thank you, Enid.

The BBC, many public libraries, local authorities and alleged educational experts have been completely wrong about the worth of the Blyton works. I can remember having substantial difficulty obtaining the original versions of the books. Quite a few shops would not stock them then but they were wonderful stories for teenagers! The tales are great to read for their simplicity and straightforwardness.

When one did find copies of the book they were quite expensive all those years ago but great to own. I loved the physical appearance of the books as well which I treasured as a youngster with the way in which the books were produced then making them somehow much easier to read.

It’s a delight to read these stories of adventure again in middle age although recent editing has diminished some of the memories I have of the original editions and words used then (but I am now getting old).

Never mind… these books remain one of my best friends for life: they began my own reading adventure so do read these special adventures of the Secret Seven Society for yourselves.
on 2 May 2008
In this story there is a theft, a fire and a missing violin.

In the end, like a number of Secret Seven books, there are no real villains. After a stern talking-to from Peter's father, Lucas, the thief, is seen as a "good sort" and let off the hook, and the expensive stolen violin is returned to the shop owner without question. Then the Seven work hard for the rest of the holidays, doing chores to earn money to pay for a new violin for little Benny, the victim.

The story is the tenth book in the series and it neatly paves the way for a series of books which are alike but more complex storylines to come. I would definitely rate this book: 8.5/10.
on 6 January 2011
This was part of a Christmas present for a visually impaired 9 yr old boy. He has loved listening to the stories and the narrative to set the scene. Some audio books are poorly described and lack content, however, these were the opposite and he is now saving up for some more.... a great present!
on 2 June 2016
My 7 and 8 years olds beg for another chapter every night, and whilst they can both read independently there's nothing quite like being read to - and now that we are past picture books these albeit old fashioned stories are perfectly pitched to be exciting without being scary!
on 13 June 2014
The Best Book From The Few Books From The Secret Seven
I Would Recommend If You Read Start To End On The Few Books From The Secret Seven
on 24 July 2012
This was a present requested by my daughter for her 31st Birthday - an early midlife Crisis? She loved it along with others she requested.
on 19 May 2014
Not as good as the other books but I enjoyed the bit about how Benny was blind and that Luke didn't get into trouble with the police.
on 17 April 2013
Purchased for my grandson who is who is enjoying the adventures of these children as I myself & my son did in our child hood days.