Customer reviews

Barbapapa
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 29 December 2013
I would thoroughly recommend this book. Having had it when I was little I was keen to relive my enjoyment with my little boy. He loves it and the book has retained its charm. One that every childs library should include. Great service, packing and delivery too.
on 15 November 2013
The Barbapapa books are delightful - eco friendly, politically correct, aesthetically beautiful... but for your kids, just really simply and lovely and fun. Barbapapa is a fun weird monster, the shapes he makes are fun, there's a lot of elements of imagination and wish-fulfilment in his shape-shifting, animals are always involved. This first book, which I discovered today in a little bookshop after having searched for it for years online with no luck, is not *quite* as fun as the later ones, and I hope the Barbapapa books get fully released. The reason is Barbapapa's kids are lovely. They all have different personalities, there are several girls. This is important because it means your little girl doesn't have to like the one who's a girl whose personality is a girl just because she's a girl. She will identify with the (male) Barbazoo who likes animals or the (female) Barbalala who likes music or the (female) Barbalib who likes reading or the sporty Barbabravo. (There's a 'girly' one, too. It's her choice.) And sorry to talk about the book this ISN'T!

In this story, Barbapapa is discovered in a garden. There isn't too much exposition. It's an excellent story your kids will love it.
on 27 October 2014
I had this book as a child. I bought this for my three year old son thinking it might be a bit old fashioned. He loves it. Will buying more for Christmas!
on 28 February 2014
Like it and my son likes it too! Just a little bit expensive, maybe it is a classic character!nice! And nice!
on 23 October 2014