Format: Board book|Change

on 10 July 2013
I had bought this for a gift for a friends little girl as she has the jungle one in the series and I knew the Ocean one was good as I had already got one for my niece a few years ago.

Would recommend this book to anyone.
on 3 October 2013
BEing a huge fan of Rumble in the Jungle, we were under the impression that this would be just as good. The truth to be told - It is far from it. the rhyming isn't as good and my 2 year's old, who can sit and listen to runble in the jungel being read to her over and over again, doesn't seem to be intrested as much.
on 24 March 2014
I spent months reading The Lion Who Wanted To Love by these authors and my LO loved it. I however was getting bored so thought let's try this. Well I wasn't disappointed. The colours and pictures are big, bright and bold and is just great to look at. The wee poems that go along with them are nice and easy to read and I find myself getting into a wee rhythm when reading it to my LO. Highly recommend it to anyone and I have bought a copy to give to a family members LO as well. I feel exactly the same way towards the other book we bought from them Dinosaurs Galore!. Just what you want in a toddlers book.
on 5 October 2010
My little boy loves this book, he's only 3 months old but really enjoys staring at the pictures and he makes lots of happy squeaky noises which i take means he's enjoying it! I would defintely recommend.
on 13 September 2010
bought 5 of these books in the collection and they are all superb with great illustrations and very witty worded description.
my little girl loves these books being read to her
on 17 April 2012
I used this book with my class for our topic underwater. The illustrations are amazing and the children found then really exciting. There are short descriptions about lots of different animals all on a great rhyming formatt.
on 30 May 2008
I got this book for my 5 month old daughter and I love it and so does she. The pictures are big and colourful, and she loves me reading the poems to her in a sing song way. I prefer it to books with one or two sentences! We also enjoy looking for the starfish doing silly things! The reason I have given the book 4 stars is because I would would have liked it more had it had stiffer pages that would be able to handle pulling and pushing and being chewed on. The price is also a bit steep. That said, I will still be buying the rest of the series, as its beautifully written and illustrated.
on 2 October 2014
I so recommend this book for any parents of young children! Fabulous simple rhyming poetry about the major creatures of the ocean. One of my secret weapons - if I need my four year old to do anything - just saying you won't get "Commotion in the Ocean" as your bedtime story works wonders!
on 12 April 2014
I gave this rating as the book arrived before the expected date. It was used throughout a poetry topic in school and helped the children understand the concepts of poems very clearly. They could all find the rhyming words easily.
on 20 December 2012
One of our favourite childrens books (and one of the favourites of our children as well). Rhymes are simple but great, illustrations great too. This is the sort of book that needs to be read out loud