Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 January 2011
There are always high expectations for a new book by Lauren Child, and this does not disappoint. The multi-award winning author has scored again with Slightly Invisible, which addresses the tricky problem of who Lola who wants to do everything big brother Charlie does - including playing with his best friend Marv. Charlie loves his little sister and these books are wonderful examples for children of how to get on well with their siblings - something the best of us find hard at times! Charlie and Marv have a very ingenious solution - but you will have to read the book to find out if it works! A perfect story for sharing with your family, and great fun to read together. The use of language will really strike a chord with children, as it reflects the way they think and speak - very clever.
on 24 November 2010
I love it. I was so excited at the prospect of a new Proper Lauren Child Charlie and Lola book. I was NOT disappointed. Indeed I was completely over the moon with my purchase. Charlie and Lola by any means is good but Lauren Childs Charlie and Lola is the real deal. Makes all the other short stories based on her characters seem rubbish. I loved it and so does my 3 year old daughter.