on 2 January 2014
brill advice and makes total sense, it involves much more than just plan but also the thinking,which I thought was awesome :) the workouts concentrate on upper lower and full body workouts I have found myself working muscle groups I've not used before which is great and has inspired me so far a new healthier 2014...
on 27 February 2014
The programme found me but all I can say it was easy to follow, the exercises were simple and explained extremely well and the results were extraordinary. I followed the programme to the letter most of the time ( I struggle as I am partial to a gin and tonic) and in the 12 weeks I had lost inches ( 3 from my bust, 3 from my waist and 4 from my hips) and had lost 9kgs. I looked fab and felt better.
Great book, great programme - a must if you want a programme that works to give you a lifestyle change.
on 14 June 2017
Fabulous book. Clear instructions and easy to follow. Fantastic value
on 12 January 2014
I first heard of TFBR on New Year's Day on the daily mail - which was probably one of the best days to read such an article.... 2014 had begun and I was ready for change.... I didn't want to delay a moment so purchased the amazon kindle version to start reading.... I literally read from cover to cover in one sitting and couldn't put it down.... I felt like I could relate to Julia and the "normal" people in her book - looking for this healthier, stronger and cleaner lifestyle... I wasn't daunted by the idea if 6 days a week - I knew I could fit in the "relatively short" work outs easily around my lifestyle and other commitments - I am previously a frequent gym goer - running up to 10 km at a time - 3 times a week - but there was nothing I could do to tone up or get the stronger body I desired..... Julia Buckley gave me that solution.... The book is easy to follow and the online PDFs are fantastic - I've made a work out folder and am keeping track of progress - but the first 6 days (so far) have been amazing - I've also lost 3lbs since new year - which I didn't expect as I was more keen to build muscle and tone - so the scales didn't worry me to much - but a bonus 😄 I've also learnt to respect my body in a way which I care more about what I put in 😄 can't wait to show you the before and after photos!! Good luck everybody 😃 and thank u Julia x
on 25 January 2014
I've never been motivated to workout but coming into 2014 I was determined to get fit. I came across this book in the daily mail and instantly realised it was what I needed. It's not a quick fix fad exercise plan, it's a whole lifestyle change. The workouts are really easy to get to grips with and really work you hard. I've also learnt so much about healthy eating, and the tips in the book have really helped me. As I said this book reinforces a lifestyle change not a fad diet, so it really is something I will be able to stick to and enjoy. I'm in week 3 now and can see the difference already! There's also a really lovely supportive Facebook group of everyone dong the programme which gives you lots of support and advice! I definitely recommend this book...Julia you are a genius!
on 27 February 2014
I bought this on the Kindle, and is surprisingly just as good as a hard copy would be for illustrating exercises. The overall plan contained within, for fat loss, strength training, and diet, is the perfect way to ensure a healthy lifestyle for good. It's only a 12 week program but you won't go far wrong sticking to its guiding principles beyond that.
on 6 January 2014
I ordered the Kindle e-book the day of release and starting reading immediately. I've found it very well written and therefore very motivational. It is full of clear instructions, and assistance and has convinced me to give the programme a go! I love that I can do it all in my home - no scary work-outs in an intimidating gym for me - I've commenced Day 1 of the programme and feel this is a routine I can continue well beyond the 12 week programme! Must read!
on 28 February 2014
This plan is hard work, but nothing good ever came from an easy ride. If you really are truely committed to changing your exercise regime and way of living then this book is for you. I started using it, already reasonably fit but had got bored of the usual gym trips. This book brings so much variety that you and your body never get bored and the best thing, if you work hard you see tangible changes. With regards to diet, the book advises on common sense good practice but assumes the reader is a grown up and informed and leaves it to you to decide how best to eat a balanced healthy diet. Personally, I like the theme that comes through, that there are no quick wins and hard work really does get results. If you are looking for something quick and easy, this is not for you!
on 30 June 2015
Disorganised. Wish I had not bought it. Should have realised from her online videos where she does an exercise and talks to two potential classes and then jogs whilst you do the exercise. The book is the same. Exercises not near the instructions. Very little dietary advise and could not follow instructions well enough. Such a shame.
on 7 January 2014
This isn't so much a review of the book (although at first look the printed copy seems very clearly laid out and easy to follow with good demonstration pictures) but more so of the actual programme and exercises. The book has been a long time in the making and a group of people went through pilot stages to make sure that it actually worked and we could follow the exercises, so if you're brand new to this programme then am sure the best reviews will come in 12 weeks when you see the results.

Did it work ? Yes. During the 12 weeks I lost nearly 1.5 stone, reduced by body fat % and Bmi to something far more healthy and went from a size 14 to a 10. But after a break I repeated it and saw even more dramatic results...it's not just a one off programme and would encourage anyone to carry on with the routines after the initial 12 weeks is done. It's also a really good idea to take before and after pics - at the time this was pretty mortifying but they look a lot better when there's an after picture next to them.

Was it easy ? Yes and no. It's easy to follow even if you are new to weights, some of the exercises take a bit of getting used to but it's done at whatever level you're happy with. It's good to do in your own home with not much equipment or in a gym. No in the sense that it's sometimes quite challenging to put the effort in (when you're tired and can't be bothered and make up excuses not to workout), it's not a quick fix but if you follow it
and don't skip (too many) sessions then it really does work - like anything you gotta commit to it and find time to do it.

Is it a diet ? Nope but you've got to look at what you're eating too - just sensible stuff, eating clean and cut out the junk for the most part, you'll get much better results if you can look at both exercise and what you're eating.

What about weights ? I was quite attracted to the programme because of the weights and doing some research into how lifting weights is really effective at burning fat. If anyone is worried about bulking up then I'd say don't be - I've been doing this for a while now and I've never been more toned (or slim) and am certainly not looking like a body builder. I also really like the short sessions of high intensity cardio - you get a real buzz after finishing them and because they're pretty short I found them easier than other fitness DVD type workouts.

So yes I'd recommend this programme, I've seen it work for lots of different normal people (there's some case studies / pics on Julia's website) but it's not a quick fix fad or diet. If you have the motivation and want to get fit and lose weight but just need a bit of a steer as to how to do it then I'd highly recommend giving this book a go.