on 9 July 2017
Great informative read with a lot of helpful information from anglers who have really studied their fish.
on 30 June 2013
The book is all I expected and more . well written and informative a great read .I will read it many times
on 15 November 2013
As anyone who reads Sea Angler will know, Mike Ladle's stuff is always a must-read - a great mix of straightforward advice, frequently backed up by scientific findings and usually laced with a dash of humour.
This book has all that, covering a breadth of topics for the UK sea fisherman, with some surprising insights and lots of anecdotal evidence thrown in. Particularly enjoyed the chapter that questions the importance of lure colour and stuff about circle hooks.
A great read.
on 29 July 2013
Being a self-admitted fan of Mike from an early age when I stumbled across a copy of "Hooked on Bass", "Operation Sea Angler" etc.. I eagerly picked up a copy of the latest book Operation Sea Angler the second wave". What can I say, it's just the high standard you would expect from Mike. Co-written by Steve Pitts and covering many aspects of fishing and species, this book really does suit all anglers from a beginner to the most experienced Angler. I fall somewhere in between. I found myself saying "Wow that's a great idea, or I never thought of that" plenty of times throughout the book. It also tackles the science behind fishing, fishing the change of light, where the fish are likely to be, best times of year, tides etc but these are all
tied in with actual examples, data and catch reports. It really is a collection of lifelong knowledge and passion for fishing, poured into a book with a bit of science behind it, what more could you want. Buy it, you won't regret it and like me I am sure you will go back to it numerous times.
on 21 November 2013
Its a Very good read but it could do with a few rig pictures or diagrams ,its good book anyway worth a read
on 23 January 2014
An excellent book for anglers of all abilities and disciplines as it encourages the reader to think about their angling rather than just do.

The authors have done a great job of striking a balance in content that means it is easy to read and yet information rich.

Highly recomended
on 23 August 2013
If you aspire to be one of the 20% of all anglers who manage to catch 80% of the fish then this book is for you. It provides new insights, all scientifically proven, about the reasons why fish behave and feed the way they do and outlines in clear, concise language how any angler can exploit this knowledge to catch more fish. "Chuck it and chance it" is the philosophy of many sea anglers, with proximity to a convenient car park often being the main criterion for selecting a venue. If only they took the time to read this book and absorb its simple lessons then I'm sure their catch rate would improve significantly. A great read written by experts who are sharing years and years of hard-won experience which you can now acquire in the rush hour!
on 7 July 2015
Clear informative and inspirational. As someone returning to sea angling after many years I found this to be ideal to bring me up to speed with the kit, tactics and most of all philosophy of modern sea angling.
on 13 May 2014
The book has some very useful tips in it and I have not finished reading the whole book yet but it has given me some ideas that I will be trying out, any interested in seafishing should by this book.
on 11 June 2013
What a great read... half fishing memoir and half textbook, full of all sorts of useful and interesting information on fish, fishing, tackle and venues. It made me think about my own fishing in ways I hadn't considered before; some of the thinking was completely new to me but a lot of it I could directly relate back things I'd either heard about or experienced without really understanding why. But now I do! I'm sure I'll be preparing for future trips by dipping in and out of this book for a long time to come -it has certainly made me want to expand my fishing horizons!