Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 September 2013
Great book if you are, like me, new to knitting - very clear instructions and diagrams, very helpful tips, fun projects large and small to teach and inspire you - first borrowed it from my local library and then decided I just had to have my own copy!
on 8 March 2013
Aneeta's first Knitty Gritty book was great. It had me knitting hats and booties in about a week and I'm as novice as you can get. I also have a medical condition where I have horrible brain fog and get quite confused at times yet found Knitty Gritty so easy to use. And this new book is the same.

Lavishly illustrated and simply explained it makes all clear in the world of knitting. It also comes across as friendly and personal, rather than just cold instructions like some books.

It covers the dreaded double pointed needles, jumper patterns, how to use circular needles, and shows you how to knit socks - yay!
I can't wait to get started.

How about a DVD next Aneeta? :-)

By the way, something my limited knitting experience has taught me is not to use cheapo yarn, because it stretches. My hot water bottle cover is now more like a sleeping bag!
on 16 February 2014
My daughter asked for this for Christmas as she already has the first Knitty Gritty book. She's pleased with it and its a nice-looking and well laid out book, but I'll reserve the final star for when I've seen something from it that she's knitted!
on 6 January 2014
I am new to knitting but, with help from a knitting group, had progressed to knitting jumpers and some cabling. I bought this to help introduce me to some further techniques like knitting in the round and sock knitting on multiple needles. I found the book lovely to look at and with very clear explanations, though there were not many projects I wanted to make from it.
on 10 January 2013
Although I am an experienced knitter, learnt to knit approx. 60 years ago by my dad, I found this book really good. Its clearly written and I like the handy hints & notes. Well done Aneeta for writing this book.
on 4 May 2013
I loved the first book and although I haven't tried the projects yet the instructions are laid out in the same clear format as before. I am looking forward to trying out the new projects and techniques. If you liked the first book then you will like this too.
on 29 October 2012
I have to admit, I am slightly disappointed by this book as I loved the first one so much.

Like the above reviewer, I found the quality of the book not up to scratch with the first book.

The cover is a bit flimsy, and the paper feels like it is cheaper quality. I'm also not a fan of the big border that is around all the pages, I think this is just a cheap way to pad it out.

I also don't think this book is as instructional as the first book. It teaches you a few new things, such as different ways to cast on and new terminology, but it just feels more like a book of patterns then a full on instructional book. I also found, although this may just be me, that there was a lot less step by step pictures/instructions and found them harder to understand then the first book.

Such a shame, I was expecting big things as the first book was so great, but ultimately I am left feeling let down by this book, and lets not even mention the changing publication dates...
on 5 March 2013
easy to follow book easy patterns and great pictures to follow told many friends at knit club about good book
on 21 January 2013
Having had major problems trying to learn to knit and follow any pattern, Aneeta's first book was a great introduction to get you knitting with confidence and this book follows up on that. Still clear simple steps but a wider range of stitches and patterns. You can definitely try any knitting pattern after working through this book.
on 28 April 2016
Great book for those still new to knitting. I already had the first book and this was the next one by the same author. Has some good items in there but some of them were things most people wouldn't knit and seemed a bit old fashioned.