Customer reviews

on 31 October 2012
This is a great book for someone who can knit but has never knitted anything to finish. I discovered the first steps book, which gave me skills I had never learnt, and then purchased this before release. I think it is a terrific book, but currently I am in the process of returning my copy and buying another copy as mine is missing 10 pages in the stitch libary. Do check those who have bought theirs already as I had this book 2 weeks before I noticed. For me pages 144 to 154 were missing. Dont let it put you off though - really great book for knitting I have almost finished one side of a jumper and it is the most perfect I have ever managed as these books have given me the skills to save the mistakes and nightmares that happen - like a kitten biting through your wool half way through a row!!!
on 10 May 2014
this is a fantastic book for newish knitters. It explains the next steps - adding pattern, using circular needles, different ways to cast on really well. It has some great patterns in that are explained very well making it good practice for when you get patterns that aren't! Some of the patterns knit up really quickly which is good for the beginner who wants to try everything to find their favourite style.
on 18 August 2017
Super little book to help new knitters on their way. Loved it.
on 30 October 2016
Again colour no where near as picture but I kept it because I like the shape of it. I have had to had it taken up as I am only 5ft.
on 23 February 2014
This is a must have for any knitters, from your novices and avid ones too!! it's the one book every knitter should have in her or his knitting library!! I cannot highly recommend this enough!!!!
on 7 September 2014
If like me you are trying to learn to knit again having not touched a pair of needles since you were a child then the two knitty gritty books really are a must - they may seem very basic but then that is what you need when you are learning! I have already recommended to a friend to but these.
on 15 February 2013
I did buy this for someone for Christmas who had just started knitting. I liked it as it is English and very easy to read and good pictures showing how thing where done.
on 28 April 2016
Great book for those still new to knitting. I already had the first book and this was the next one by the same author. Has some good items in there but some of them were things most people wouldn't knit and seemed a bit old fashioned.
on 12 April 2013
Clear photographs and easy to understand instructions. Now I'll be able to finish a cardigan I started last year! Some nice little projects. Fancy some socks for next winter.
on 29 January 2015
I have already done one danny