Customer reviews

on 22 March 2017
This book is rubbish! It only shows close up pictures of easy to find Ankara fabrics. The pictures are also so close that the repeat parttern cannot be seen. There are not special 'African' fabrics and no information to go with the photographs. A waste of my money.
on 21 June 2017
My mum loved the gift. It's mainly photographs of the patterns. Lovely to look at.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 27 February 2012
This is for pattern designers and lovers of all fabrics African provided they are mainly looking for contemporary designs. Some of the fabrics are even produced in India. I would have liked to have seen more traditional designs from all over Africa. It reminds me very much of Schiffer's publications on the subject matter. This review was first published on yarnsandfabrics website.
on 12 February 2015
my sister loved this book , lovely photos and fast delivery
on 15 March 2013
I found this book to be very insightful and well thought out. I was looking into African fabrics to identify new angles for my eco-street wear brand. The structure takes the reader straight to the heart of the design, and with a vibrant selection to review, you are not left without inspiration! Useful, relevant and easy to read. I have recommended this book to others.