Customer reviews

on 5 July 2011
A friend introduced me to this craft - the art of transfering an impression of real flowers and leaves onto fabric. The technique is straightforward and the equipment needed is basic - a hammer, masking tape and suitable material such as cotton will get you started. This book explains exactly what to do by using simple instructions and photographs. It also gives plenty of tips and tricks of the trade. I have tried it out and found it to be great fun, although it takes quite a lot of patience and practice. The book also explains the technique of "flower trapping" - capturing a real flower between sheets of material. This book is ideal for beginners, and I particularly liked the photos of different projects and finished pieces. It has given me a lot of ideas.
on 3 January 2013
I was intrigued by the idea that it could be so easy to transfer dyes to fabric and will admit to being a little sceptical, but it works. This book will guide you through the best flowers to use (as not all will work) and how to obtain the best results using only a hammer and some suitable cloth. A good technique to try with children, or one which could be pushed by textile artists of all kinds - either way I recommend giving it a go.
on 13 December 2015
Not many books about to give you ideas about this Flower Pounding so I found this little book very useful. I had been to some classes on creative textiles so had learnt the basics and as usual was hooked.I also looked online and watched it on utube and that helped to put the process together.Can't wait for next spring/summer to try out some different leaves and flowers.
on 11 April 2013
This is a lovely book with easy to follow instructions, and beautiful photography. I saw the author at a show and was hooked with her 'flower trapping', there is a chapter on this in the book which is the reason why I bought it. This is one of those books that you will end up not only dipping into but trying out all of the techniques.
on 10 May 2012
This book very clearly sets out how to enjoy this craft - a new craft to me, anyway! And it will cost just about nothing to achieve some quite amazing results. Amazon were, as usual perfect with their packaging and delivery - my only hold-up was with our customs officers! A great buy
on 27 October 2013
Lovely illustrations, good, clear instructions, inspiring! Would make a wonderful present for any craft lovers. Embroiderers, gardeners,
parents wanting to do something different to involve/occupy the children would also like this book.
on 27 September 2015
Surprised at the size of the book as I had assumed it to be A4 but more like A5 which makes it less impressive looking as a present. Haven't examined inside as it is a Christmas present for someone else - hopefully it will be worth it.
on 2 October 2012
Good information. Our young grandchildren were amazed to be allowed to hammer (with suitable precautions) on the kitchen table and were very pleased with the results-nice prints for the our lavender bags.
on 23 June 2014
I ordered this book in order to be prepared for a tutorial and found the instructions clear and inspirational , cant wait for the
day with Linda