on 23 May 2017
A useful companion to our trip on the Canal Du Midi. It has some useful tips in it and reasonable maps. Some of the restaurant locations are a bit out of date now, but how can a paper book compete with websites such as TripAdvisor. Even so, we did enjoy reading about some of the history around the canal too.
on 4 June 2014
Clearly written and useful once I had worked out which direction up the canal the book was working - the opposite way to me unfortunately but once I realised I had to work backwards through the book the descriptions of the various parts of the canal and its surroundings was a great help.Definitely to be recommended for complete beginners and the more experienced sailors alike.
on 9 April 2014
I expected a pocket size book!
Nevertheless, it is proving an interesting, preparatory read.
An adventure planned, hopefully!
The only guide "en Anglais" I could find via Amazon UK.
on 25 February 2017
very good
on 3 October 2013
The basic premise of the book is wrong, in that it covers far too wide an area to provide any detailed or relevant information. The only pieces of interest to me on my canal cruise were covered by a two page spread, The maps were not very useful and again lacked detail. Had I known that the canal cruiser hirer would provide detailed maps and information on board, I wouldn't have wasted spending money on this book.
on 26 August 2016
Very informative
on 2 April 2016
Only about a third of the book devoted to Canal du Midi
on 14 October 2015
Good, but lacking more info/stats on bridge heights
on 9 April 2017
I was rather disappointed with this guide, it is too general and not specific enough for my needs as a potential cruiser of the canal du midi
on 13 March 2016