Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 November 2010
Jim Robison is well known as the author of Large-scale ceramics, another handbook in the A & C Black series. As with his previous title, he and Ian Marsh, have now produced an excellent book that is easy to follow but instructive. With a good balance between photographs of works-in-progress and finished items,the book is a great one for ceramicists to put on their 'wants' list. See also Large-Scale Ceramics (Ceramics Handbooks)
on 9 April 2011
Bought for a pottery department to update our library. Good book, lots of images and ideas, worth the buy for our students as not many people seem to do much slab work there!
on 1 February 2014
It contains basic information for the starter and non-professional clay-lover, it's good.
For the more professional Artists, seeking for technique to make larger work in slab-technique, there is no additional info to be found at what you allready know..
Good luck !
on 29 October 2013
This book is from a very good series on Ceramic Techniques. I have been having fun with slab building after doing some other techniques such as coil and wheel. I have found the book to be a good foundation for my work in this area. I would recommend this book to people who want to earn this effective technique.
on 30 December 2012
As I am just starting pottery I find this book an inspiration, with some great ideas. I would recommend to anyone.
on 25 August 2014
I am reading this book for the second time and getting more out of it the second time around. This could be because I have used paperclay sucessfully since I bought the book and therefore getting more information from it. Good
on 3 October 2013
What can I say! it makes my heart sing.! I love this slab work. A beautiful book and easy to read and inspirational.
on 8 August 2014
Interesting, good ideas and techniques for larger items
on 24 November 2016