Customer reviews

on 28 February 2012
I bought this for my 7 year old son. He seems to just get on with it. He needs my assistance on some pages - but that's mostly because he has not learnt it in school yet. I would definitely recommend other parents to get this book - to help their child outside of school.
on 10 April 2017
Great value.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 April 2013
Absolutely love this book. My daughter has really enjoyed learning the different mathematics and really enjoyed the test too, I definitely rate this book.
on 28 January 2013
Best book for sats. My son love this book, and it teaches him what he needed for sats. love it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 October 2011
I bought this book because our son (8) seemed to be struggling with maths homework. He can do (quite difficult) stuff in his head, but was REALLY struggling to do things the writing-down way. Husband was getting so frustrated trying to teach him the theories - he was going well above our son's head (daddy is an engineer) and we needed to find a way to explain it at the right level. Our son was beginning to lose confidence, and say he's "not good at maths" and we were worried this might be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
The book is well laid out, and our son is able to get through a double-page in about 10 minutes. Doing this much every day he will get throught the book in about a month. This doesn't replace the work he's doing at school, but it explains the principles in child-friendly language. He's revising the basics, so that when he does something at school that's a bit more complicated, he's got a fair grounding. There's a test book with it, which he does without anyone helping - when he gets all the answers right it's a real boost for his confidence. He's also enjoying maths at school quite a bit more, which is a bonus.
This is a good book to introduce a topic and give some practice to make sure the theory is understood and a good support to mainstream/school maths teaching.
on 29 March 2013
Great to check your little one still remembers everything so great fir revision . My little girl loved the gold stars to stick on each page