on 1 May 2017
The Rutshire Chronicles are books you just cannot get bored of.
They are gripping and humorous and you really feel and fall for the characters, without being overloaded by them.
I would recommend to anyone wanting to schedule a few hours to absorb themselves in.
on 3 December 2017
I have just started a 'Jilly Cooper Fest' and I'm loving every word. Riders introduce us to many of the characters that pop up again and again in her following books. I have read the first few books before, but although I remember the plots roughly - they do not spoil the read, and oddly, I have completely forgotten how all the books end. Don't want to give spoiler alerts so just enjoy these wonderful characters, gripping plots and the humour. Jilly is no Jane Austen but she is magnificently pure 'Jilly' in every word.
on 21 January 2016
I'd forgotten what sheer fun and entertainment these original JC's are. All the characters become your new family before you know it.
I first read it 30 years ago and although a little dated, pure racy escapism. If you can ignore the many references to drink driving, which I suppose was true of the 80's, it is very entertaining and unlike many books today, impossible to predict the ending. The first of a lengthy saga, as characters are carried on into Jilly's following novels.
on 9 December 2017
Read it so many times but it never gets old, like a favourite jumper it warms the heart every time and I love it.
on 28 October 2017
Well I read this and could not put this down It’s a bit racy but no more than Fifty shades based loosely around horse riding.
on 11 April 2017
Horses scandals romance and a story that i cant put down!! What's not to love about this book
on 20 June 2017
Not my sort of book at all. You have to be a horse lover , I gave up half way through.
on 5 June 2017
very good thanks
on 25 September 2017
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse