Customer reviews

Vile Victorians (Horrible Histories)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 January 2015
Great grandson loves this book. Wants it for himself as he enjoys the stories and keeps reading them over and over.
on 13 December 2013
Bought for my 8 year old daughter, she loves it and finds the stories hilarious. Love how she gets excited about history with these books
on 12 January 2017
I actually can't believe I'm leaving a 3 star review for one of Horrible Histories audio books as we love them! The reason I felt dissatisfied with this one is that nowhere in the description it stated that it's "certificate 14". Only when we bought/downloaded the audio, the disclaimer was read out in the beginning...admittedly all HH audiobooks have nasty bits in them but this particular one is plain disturbing. And none of the books we own had this recommended age! I had to tell my 8 year old HH fan he can't listen to it...not impressed.
on 31 December 2016
A great read, love the updated version, still very informative but the layout is easier on the eye and still with the same text and witty illustrations.
on 27 September 2016
Great book and fun for my son to read about topic on victorions.
on 17 May 2015
good value
on 14 February 2015
great
on 17 November 2014
I bought this for our seven year old grandson. After reading through it, I did not give it to him. The somewhat graphic descriptions aside, there are some section, such as the descriptions of child labor and "baby farms" , accurate perhaps but too upsetting for him. It struck me as not good history nor good entertainment for the intended age group.