10,635
Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 August 2013
This is probably the weakest of the trilogy but nonetheless enjoyable. Very sad when Prim was killed! I did not like some of the characters and found them annoying and the writing style was a bit stilted t times. But a cracking story ith a happy ending!
on 11 December 2014
Fantastic easy read which was slightly let down by the quality of the book. Although the pages were thick, they were not all cut to the same length leaving an unleavened finish to the outer edge of the book
on 4 July 2013
This book is a great read and will have you hooked from the start. Once you had read the first one you will want to read the rest.
If you didn't like the film, don't let this stop you reading this, the book is much better and is open to a whole world of imagination.
on 2 August 2012
The Hunger Games Trilogy kept me page turning and I read the Trilogy in record time. I thought the whole book was a delight, well written and pacy. Whilst Katniss Everdeen the heroine took us through the horrors of being repeatedly placed into the Arena to play the Games, she brought to light our most basic instincts - that of survival - which she encompassed with flair, courage and grace.

12 Districts, depict different Industries and communities; rarely do the Districts co-incide with one another. 2 people from each district are drawn at a public event to enter the Arena and take part in the Games whether they like it or not.

I wondered initially whether I really wanted to read three books which depicted people basically killing one another, but having opened the first book, got to grips with the culture the whole story was compelling to the extreme.

To tell anymore would spoil this entralling Trilogy.
on 16 June 2014
I had to read this book having read the first two in the series. It has a twist at the end that I did not see coming which was refreshing.
I recommend you read the books in order as they follow on from each other.
on 7 September 2013
Loved the first two books but felt that this didn't quite have the same edge. I was a little bit disappointed with the ending but then that's probably because it was inevitable rather than predictable (how the battle against the Capitol would end). Having said that I still liked it.
on 13 March 2013
I really REALLY wanted to give this book a 5 star like I have given the other two, but the ending really let me down and for the I can only give it a three :(

The author spent two books building up an amazing and engaging story line and makes you fall in love with the characters, but this book is a very long read to then have the ending tied up in a chapter with a two page catch up!

If you are expecting a happy ending, then you really will be let down by this as I just felt depressed by the end!

Sorry Suzanne, but I wish you could re-write it!
on 30 January 2013
Children fighting to the death in a future world doesn't sound like a bundle of laughs but the way the story unfolds and gets you into the characters is interesting and rewarding and makes you look forward to books two and three in the series. Buy this one and read it first in case this genre is not for you but be prepared to be surprised.
on 30 January 2014
As a Hunger Games fan I have to say that this book is just great!

Can't wait to see other 2 movies.

The book is in a soft cover and looks just like on the picture.

Worth buying!
on 20 January 2014
Had a kindle paperwhite for christmas and this was my first purchase. Thoroughly enjoyable reading although I wish I had not seen the film first as this influenced my imagination of scene and character