Customer reviews

on 30 November 2014
Desert Danger tells the story of Tim Jackson, Tim is a Royal Engineer trained in placing and dissarming mines. In North Africa at El Alemein Tim and his friends find themselves with the job of clearing mine fields to help in the advance against Rommel, Montgomery is in charge and there is to be no retreat only victory. Not one of the better My Story books but a reasonable read.
on 23 March 2013
I volunteer in a school to encourage year 6 boys who are reluctant readers. I am always looking for reasonably easy-reads with interesting content. This book was so good - we both really enjoyed reading it, although parts are sad and shocking. We went on to read more in the series and I bought them for my own grandsons. I particularly like the end of this one. Life goes on!
One person found this helpful
on 21 March 2015
Great thanks
on 7 March 2013
This was a wonderful book that really showed what the war was like on the front line. It was well laid out and everything was clearly explained so it's a perfect book for children who want and easy nice way to learn.
on 5 October 2009
I have just finished reading this book with my 10 year old daughter. She will be studying WWII this year as part of Year 6 curriculum. It was fantastic, very interesting and sad. It helped my daughter enormously with her reading - she learnt alot of new words. I would recommend this to any mother who wants to enjoy reading with their child and learn as you go. A really good read, I cried when we finished.
2 people found this helpful