Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 2 July 2017
ive got the sample its amazing the book looks full of adventure and exitment im beghin my dad to get it
on 20 March 2014
I love all Ally Kennen's books. I took a while to get around to reading this one, but when I did, I couldn't put it down. I read it all in one go, staying up far too late.
Miranda and her two brothers Cal and Jackie live in a hotel by the sea. They swim with the seals, surf and generally have a great time of it. Miranda is a nature lover, Cal is the nicest surfer dude you'd ever want to meet and Jackie is an admirably troublesome little bro. But the hotel isn't doing well and when their parents take a decision about the future that the children just can't live with, the adventure really begins.
This story was quite different to any of Kennen's previous books. I didn't know where it would go next and I found it really entertaining. Highly recommended.
on 26 March 2013
Loads of action and excitement, kids defying parents and plenty of thrills at the end. Great for older children and younger teens. The kids are terrible role models, but who cares? We all wish this sort of adventure really happened!
on 21 October 2014
Thus is a fast moving story about three children who are being sent to boarding school for a term but duck out of that to return to their run-down beach home/boarding house whilst their parents are in USA. Discovery of a water scooter and an attempted stealing of an oil tanker make this compelling reading. I chose this book after reading "BEDLAM" by the same author; I am an avid reader but selective of the narratives I select. Usually I read biography but will try another from this author who has the propensity to keep the reader enthralled.
on 20 May 2013
Ally kennen is a great author for teenagers. This is a great mix of fun and adventure, I definitely recommend this book.
on 28 February 2013
Ally has written another super story. It's pacy, believable and fun, as well as exciting. Her use of language will appeal to teenagers and the map of Dummity Bay was helpful. My grandchildren have all enjoyed this book!
on 5 October 2013
This is another book off the list for Book Day at work, one of the dozen books I have to read. I picked this up next because it looked quite short and because i had read books by Ally Kennen before and vaguely remembered that I had enjoyed them, so I was quite hopeful about this one.

The book started off well, I was intrigued and wanted to know more, it was a fairly unusual start that made me want to know more, but by the third chapter it became quite slow in my opinion, the characters and situation are built up so you get to know them.

From the blurb of the book I expected this fun, easy book but you are about 130 pages in before the events in the synopsis even start happening, the rest before that is jsut the build up and I found myself hoping the book would get to the point.

For just over 200 pages I should have been able to read this in a couple of hours, as it was I carried it around with me for 5 days, reading odd bits now and then, but I just wasn't hooked enough to want to sit and read it, I kept finding something else to do.

Once the story got going the second half of the book wasn't bad and I liked the big mystery at the end. It got more exciting as it went on. But I wouldn't want to read anymore from these characters. To be honest the big brothers 'beach talk' really started to irritate me, I just wanted him to speak in normal sentences. But I suppose it was trying to fit in with the feel of the book.

I think children will probably like it, It's got enough mystery and the whole - kids being alone and causing trouble vibe to keep them reading, but for me I wasn't blown away.
on 8 January 2017
Quirky and good
on 21 January 2014
very bad it is for a 2 year old and soulxnt reccomend libraries to get any in v e r y