Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 23 March 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
Having become exhausted of reading the increasingly predictable adventures of the Famous Five and (for me) the increasingly tedious tales of Harry Potter (I'm sorry, but I really can't warm to him) I insisted that we read this book at bedtime as it looked a bit different and I liked the sound of it. The urchin was not happy about this as she wanted more of the usual stuff, but after the first reading session she was hooked and she absolutely loved it. So much so, getting her to go to bed was particularly easy as she knew she'd be getting more of the book and by near the end she was asking to go to bed a bit earlier so that we had more reading time. For me that meant more time to myself later on, but the best thing was it also got her to read more for herself than most books do. Oh, and I enjoyed the story too so a winner all round. We've subsequently let others borrow the book and everyone else seems to love it too.
11 people found this helpful
on 27 August 2017
My grandchildren loved this book. The characters were believable; the story unfolded in a straightforward, relaxed way and they loved every line!
on 14 February 2018
The book was in excellent condition/New and I thought it was faultless and one of the best books I ever read! Defiantly worth a read!!!! It came fairly quickly and wasn’t bent or broken.
on 29 November 2017
we love this book in our house, my favourite kids book of all time and both my two adored listening to it and reading it
on 15 February 2018
Got this for an avid young reader. Really enjoyed it.
on 10 January 2018
My granddaughter loved this book for Christmas
on 24 September 2017
Good condition - great story
on 17 July 2017
Brought this for my niece.she loved it
on 25 May 2014
Once you've read the beginning you can't stop. No turning back for neither son (10 years) or mother (50 years).
It's adventurous, but without the violence and extreme scary factor from Hiccup "how to train your dragon series".
on 24 May 2018