• Zog

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 2 June 2017
Comparing this story with Room On A Broom I would have given it four stars as I did not think that it was quite as good. However, the response by four classes of second language English pupils was very positive. Granted, I did not use the rhyming couplets to tell the story, but ad libbed it as best I could while showing the classes the wonderful pictures. At times the reader has to " embellish" the text to maintain the interest, and together with some very useful worksheets from the Zog Activity Book I was pleased with the level of understanding AND enjoyment. I shall now order the sequel, and hope for similar success.
on 2 May 2017
It's great, not least because there is a very cool female alternative princess. I just wish I'd bought it in the larger paperback edition, as at bedtime in lower light, with the smaller board book some of the illustrations can be harder to see
on 28 November 2016
My daughter still loves this book (aged 5) having had it for a couple of years. This one was bought as a gift for a friend's daughter along with the new Zog book. Maybe not Julia Donaldson's best but certainly worth getting.
on 16 August 2017
Decent story to keep your little ones entertained. Not quite as big a hit as some of the more popular books by the same author, but it's still a winner. The illustrations are excellent and the story flows well.
on 23 March 2016
Good but not for 2 year olds as they don't understand learning skills or careers, better for a slightly older child. She still enjoys me reading the book to her
on 19 March 2017
What a good idea! Love the dragon striving for acceptance and am excited to see there is a sequel out. Lovey contemporary storyline, wonderful illustrations as ever by Axel.
on 17 July 2015
Another classic from Julie Donaldson which my 8 month old adores, in fact I think it's one of his favourites!

Zog is at school learning how to be a dragon but things keep going wrong. He meets a little girl who helps him out, and changes his future career!
on 14 April 2017
Me and my daughter are big fans of Julia's books. Love them all! ZOG is fun, easy to read and illustrations are amazing.
on 20 June 2017
Good story for my three year old grandson. Would probably suit upto 8 yes. Excellent illustrations.
VINE VOICEon 3 June 2015
What a great kids book, my grand-daughter loves it and so do I. It has just the rights sort of story for a 3 year old girl, but it would be equally enjoyable for a boy too. I shall try it when my other grandchildren come round soon.