Customer reviews

Madeline
Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 August 2017
my children love Madeline books so we bought this as a gift for another family
on 25 September 2017
Beautiful pictures, and a charming story!
on 23 September 2017
delightful
on 27 May 2017
Short but sweet and is actually good for helping with counting.
on 26 October 2017
Succulent
on 17 November 2000
"In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines, lived 12 little girls in two straight lines" starts this classic rhyming book with sumptuous drawings of Paris. The story of Madeline, a little orphan girl who gets into the most hair-raising scrapes (always in rhyme) is a delight to read to children and one which they soon be reciting back to you. This is the one where she has her appendix out, and it will surely lead you to the rest of these classic childrens books, each beautifully illustrated by the author. My kids have read them since they were 3 and still return to them now they are 6 & 8, often reciting the final page... "and she turned out the light, and closed the door, and that's all there is, there isn't any more."
I remember reading this book as a child over and over again. A most delightful book and I feel it a must for all young readers. Madeline's antics made me giggle and I have bought it for my grandchildren. I hope that they, and all the other young readers of this book, get the same enjoyment that I did all those years ago.
on 3 November 2010
My daughter (and son) loved Madeline. We have several of the books from the series and they are well thumbed and loved from constant bedtime reading. I could probably recite Madeline by heart! Madeline can be naughty and mischievous and brave and kind .... probably most suitable for children ages 3 - 7 years. Alas, my children are entering their teens but we have kept the books as they are too precious to part with. I am now buying them for my nieces.
on 6 December 2017
The book is well-written and the illustrations are beautifully done. It is a great children’s book and the rhymes can help children with simple poetry ideas. The only thing I would say is that is a very short. I also wanted to read more Madeleine books but they are unavailable on Kindle, which is a shame.
on 4 March 2017
A fabulous book and an even better film. About an orphaned girl and all the mishaps she gets into. She is a loving and kind hearted girl who wishes all the world to be happy. I would reccommend this to anyone who enjoyed little women.