on 13 March 2017
Another super cute book from Julia Donaldson. Tabby McTat is the story of a buskers cat and it really will melt your heart. Just the loveliest story. The pictures are great and my son loves looking at this book and hearing the story. Can't recommend Julia Donaldson enough.
4 people found this helpful
on 19 June 2016
This has become our favourite bedtime book! The story is good, with a little sadness to point up the happy parts, and the rhythm is wonderfully varied. It is good to see Axel Schiffer drawing urban environments instead of woodland, and the detail is exquisite. That fact that we have a tabby cat at home with a "voice both loud and strong" makes the story even better!
3 people found this helpful
on 23 January 2018
Another lovely rhyming story from Julia. Story of a little busker cat who is taken in by another cats family when his owner gets taken to hospital. Happily, there's a lovely ending but I won't spoil it. My 7yo loves it
on 29 September 2015
Probably the worst outing so far from Donaldson & Sheffler.

I'm not quite sure where they were going with this.
The story is long, very wordy, and not that interesting.

My son didn't even get through a full reading - I think the story is maybe too long for 2-3 year olds.
It was also hard going for me, and didn't have the same magic as some of their other stories.

Since our first half reading has been left on the side and never requested again for bedtime reading.
on 23 November 2017
If your child doesn't love this book just keep reading it until they do! It is a most wonderful story written in rhyme which is an excellent way to help a child learn to read. I don't think I've come across a book that I've not enjoyed by Julia Donaldson.
on 3 December 2015
What an enchanting book! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, and will love reading it to my granddaughters. The tale of a cat who loses his friend, finds a family, finally reunites with his friend, and how he is torn between family and friend, with a satisfying conclusion. The verse flows in such a way as to draw you into the story, as it will any child.
on 16 April 2017
Julia donaldson gets it right again. a very sweet story about a man and his cat. my 2 biys were enthralled with this story and its added to our already large Julia Donaldson collection
on 11 December 2014
Again I'll say Brilliant, Amazing, this lady is truly talented, Thank you for writing all these books, she really is extremely talented as we all know now a days holding a child's interest for longer than 5 minutes really is a challenge, succeedand every one is different and we have a large collection which have to be read at least 3 times before they go to sleep again 150% Excellent brilliant, would recommend without a doubt in fact I wouldn't wait to be asked before giving my opinion.
on 22 September 2016
This is such a lovely little book! Beautifully detailed illustrations to talk about with your child and a really sweet, rhyming story. My 2.5 year old loves it and it's one of my favourites to read to him. He even joins in singing "their favourite song" and finishes the lines for us as we read to him.
on 17 May 2018
I love this book and have read it over several times. I don't think it matters what age you are, I am 74, just experience reading it especially if you love cats! Enjoy.