Octopus Socktopus
Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 July 2013
My 2 year old is a total bookworm, she loves looking at books and being read to. Whilst discussing this with a friend recently, she suggested that she might enjoy Nick Sharratt books as all three of her children enjoy his stories. I ordered this (and others as a result.)
We were not disappointed. Octopus -socktopus is silly and totally captures the imagination of children and adults alike.
The illustrations are brightly coloured and engaging, the pop-up element just adds to the silliness and excitement of this simple but clever book. My daughter loves "chickenpoktopus" the best. Having recently had chicken pox this really appealed to her. There really is an octopus for everyone! Punk-rocktopus & party-frocktopus are particular favourites of the adults in our household.
Nick Sharratt has an incredible ability to tap into children's creative minds in a way that few authors can. His stories and illustrations are laugh out loud funny, enjoyable read for all the family...
on 13 September 2017
Excellent book, and has really got my son excited about rhyming words! He's always coming up with new rhymes now. Helps that his favourite animal is an octopus. Definitely recommend
on 25 April 2015
this is such a good book for teaching rhyme. My class love this book and request it all the time, the novelty never wears off. It's perfect for 3-5s and would be enjoyed by older and younger children too. As the children get so much joy from it I love reading it too.
on 9 August 2015
Another hit! We had the original elephant wellyphant book and this has gone down just as well. Although I was expecting a hard back but that was just me not reading the full discription properly!
on 20 September 2017
A fab and funny book!!! Our young son LOVES it!
on 28 April 2015
Such a cute book. My son loves it... shame it's not sturdier, he already (after 1st reading) pulled off 2 wheels and ripped a page... But I guess that's due him being not even 1 year old.
on 18 August 2017
My grandchildren love nick Sherratt but this is a particular favourite. I've bought it for my nieces too! Love it
on 12 August 2017
Great product thanks
on 25 October 2014
This book isn't really a story book. It's just illustrations and flaps and pop ups. Very cleverly done. Very entertaining and fun!
on 10 August 2013
Bought this for my 2 1/2 year old nephew to read with his little baby brother when he arrives soon :-)

Its a really fun story - nice big bright pictures and really silly names to the octopusses - I have to admit i've read it a few times myself!

Quite a large book and am sure the pull outs won't stay in pristine condition for very long!......