Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 June 2017
I wanted to read one of these books before taking my 5 year old to the movie. I also want to get him into chapter books, so this was perfect! He was enthralled with every twist and turn of the story! We want to read another Dav Pilkey book very soon!
on 14 April 2017
Bought for my grandson who loves all the Captain Underpants book.
on 8 April 2017
Excellent
on 27 March 2017
It has really ridiculous and inappropriate funny humour George Harold and captain underpants finally their match against the opposite potty people
on 3 February 2015
The book arrived in good condition as stated and my child enjoyed it!
on 19 December 2013
Dav Pilkey does it again! He continues with his usual tropes as expected but like last book manages to keep them fresh; for instance the switching of letters on the sign doesn't happen until after the "before I tell that story I must tell this story" bit. I love this book. Pilkey is back in perfect form! The kids go to an alternate world where everything in their lives is backwards. Added to the story is their grandparents who accidentally drink the last of the super juice creating Boxer Boy and Great-Granny Girdle. The whole book was laugh-out funny. One of my favourites in the series. Once again as has been happening in the last few books, the set up is made for the next book with the introduction of the arrival of the next villain who is the return of an old favourite!
on 21 March 2007
An excellent book full of hilariously good flip o rama,comics and the same line at the end it says in the book "you'll get nowhere in life if you keep on writing silly books like that"said his teacher.And he ended up writing one of the best books I ever read. My favourite bit was when the granny and grandpa turned into superheros. Every line I read was good -brilliant even. You might need to read Captain Underpants and the Bionic Booger Boy Part 1 and then read Captain Underpants and the Bionic Booger Boy Part 2 and then read this book. I didnt read them in the right order so I didn't really understand what was happening at all but any one else who reads this book might prefer to read them in order. I recommend this for 5 and over easy to read. I read it in one day - couldn't put it down. I wanted to read while i was having my lunch! Happy reading this book.
on 11 April 2010
Excellent books for children who have just learn't to read. Age 6 upwards, a laugh on every page that makes light of every day living habits.
Another in the children's (and many adults) favourite series of Captain Underpants highly amusing adventures in which `wedgie power' is used to overcome a veritable phalanx of comical super villains with the help of a motley and constantly changing cast of unlikely super heroes.

And why do kids absolutely love these books beyond most others? `Simple' as that annoying tv advert meerkat says repeatedly to the enrichment of the owners of an internet comparison site, because the jocularity is very basic majoring on `fart' humour, irreverent, fast moving, and one whole lot of fun.....just about everything that most kids lap up. Little wonder that killjoy groups such as The American Library Association features The Captain Underpants books very high up in their lists of books needed to be banned......goodness me we can't be having children actually reading books, and enjoying the experience - its better for them to continue watching television and computer screens and not read at all! Instead of castigating and poo-pooing (if you excuse the expression) the Captain and his knockabout friends and foes, plaudits by the bucket full should be showered over this series of books.

In this episode our valiant verging on flatulent hero, Captain Underpants returns to battle the evil Captain Blunderpants, with the help of two new superheroes, Great Granny Girdle and Boxer Boy resulting in yet another hilarious romp.

Highly recommended.
on 14 April 2009
Absolute genius, brilliant fun for the adults reading it and for the kids listening to it, we have read all the Captain Underpants books to our children and are eagerly awaiting the publication of the next one.