on 2 November 2011
Bought this to accompany the series DVDs I also bought. Works well together or standalone. Intense mix of history facts with an emphasis on what people did day to day and with a strong hit of horror that the kids love from the tv and DVDs Good mix of activities and reading and stickers. Bit hit with good reader 7 year old girl and with similar age boy from next door. Too hard to follow for my 6 year old (who really loves the gruesome tv bits). Great way to teach history. Great filler type present.
on 10 January 2012
My eldest grandson has lost his interest in Horrible History, but the lessons learned remained. Now my second grandson, aged 8 years has grown to enjoy the stories and gain an amazing knowledge through Terry Dreary's unique approach to learning. Jacob became immersed in this activity book the moment he opened it. He keeps it by his bed and dips into it at quiet moments. He enjoys sharing the games and puzzles as well as reading by himself. A really good gift for all current Horrible History fans, or a good way to introduce the series of books and activities available.
on 26 April 2011
Our son has enjoyed doing these activities. He's 6 but advanced at reading - so he can manage them ok but needs help understanding the concepts.
on 18 November 2012
I bought this book for my niece, and she really likes it - the book is a good size, at 72 pages long, and there are many activities throughout, as well as over 200 stickers included on pages in the middle of the book.

A first class book to accompany the excellent TV series - I award this 5 stars.
on 26 October 2013
We bought this Activity book to go with the pack of Horrible History DVDs for our 7 year old grandson and it is a very good buy with loads of stickers which kids love.
It is well designed too.
on 12 June 2013
This was bought for my 6 year old grandson for his birthday. It seemed to be aimed at older children and we found he needed constant help to access the activities. He did like the stickers.
on 31 December 2012
Bought for my granddaughter, she loved it and is still going back to it from time to time. Would recommend it to anyone who have kids who love horrible histories.
on 18 December 2012
The television program is one of her favourites hence the choice.The whole presentation is excellent,illustrations are colourful and funny and clever.
on 31 December 2012
The kids in my classes have enjoyed this book as much as i have, we read together and tried out many of the ideas. They especially loved the gory facts
on 15 December 2013
I bought these for my daughters birthday and she loves them. They're great for teaching children about history but in a fun way. The number of times she's repeated things she's learned from the books - well, I've lost count. She'd rather read these than the school books and she's learning more than she realises!