Customer reviews

on 22 May 2017
I am still on Book 1, but I am enjoying it and the CD helps with the pronunciation.
on 16 April 2017
Sehr gut
on 20 July 2017
Clear and practical
on 23 May 2014
We started as a U3A German group with Book 1 and have now progressed to Book 2. Obviously it is that much more difficult, but it stretches the group well. The grammar sections are good and the use of new vocabulary is well explained. Pity there is not a Book 3 to follow on from this, but by the end of it, we should all have a good grasp of everyday German situations.
on 19 July 2014
Not as good as the Talk German 1 pack.
Generally quite a bit of repetition from Talk 1. The example phrases use the familiar 'you form' (DU) which isn't helpful as I find the formal SIE form is all I use when visiting Germany. At least using a bit of both forms would have been better.
on 23 November 2014
Bought to listen to in car while commuting! Had O level behind me many years ago. About right standard for me. CD very useful. German definitely improving.
on 14 October 2014
Essential for our year two German. Our teacher takes it steady as each chapter does cover a lot of grammer points. I have bought the grammer guide too and this is helpful to try and work out what's going on. But 4 weeks in not a bad book.
on 11 April 2016
I would recommend this book as a quick guide to learning a few useful German sentences but would also use in conjunction with a grammar book, since the grammar explanations are quite skimpy. Layout and CD are decent. Have been using it as part of a language class at my local college. Lots of vocabulary is packed into this tiny book, and you can check the answers to the exercises at the back. Happy with it overall.
on 3 June 2015
it's good. Concise, clear, precise ( although in one of the listening exercises the pictures don't match up). I like voices on the CD and my students find it easy to follow, too. If you know some German, this would be a suitable book to develop your knowledge. Includes 2 CDs which represent good value for money.
on 17 November 2014
Very good, I need something else now to move on