Customer reviews

on 16 June 2017
I started trying to refresh my schoolboy German (now 40 years old) about three months ago following some business trips to Germany. I decided to use the Duolingo app and in many ways it's very good but I had reached the stage of getting frustrated that I was getting things wrong and not understanding why. Duolingo is no help here (at least on a smart phone) but this book meets that need perfectly. It explains concepts of grammar very simply and is extremely accessible and readable. I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually enjoying reading a book on German grammar ! Highly recommended
on 20 November 2017
If you are learning german and struggle when your teacher persists to explain difficult german grammar in german then buy this book. Excellent lay out and explanations throughout. My grammar has come on in leaps and bounds. Try saying that in german!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Excellent BBC series, grammar accompanying book. Since there are a fair number of rules for the grammar of German language, I thought that I would avail myself of this book to accompany my Talk German BBC course. I have not been disappointed. Would thoroughly recommend. It always helps to have a separate grammar book to refer to.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The best concise grammar of German I have yet seen. Really clear and concise, with suffcient examples to elucidate the points made. Good typography too.

Strongly recommended.
on 16 August 2013
I bought this along with the BBC Talk German books and CDs as I am revising German learned some years ago in preparation for a trip to Germay in a few months time. This book is excellent - explanations and examples and clear and it makes what is not always an appealing topic interesting.
on 24 October 2017
An excellent grammar book which can be used in various ways. A good source for reference, or it could be simply read on its own, as each chapter has a test and review section.
on 5 January 2018
Brilliant clear instructions and exercises
on 17 February 2016
An excellent companion to the Talk German Box Set if you want to be able to speak more correctly and to understand better the rules and structures of the modern language.
on 3 November 2016
an ideal book for understanding and retaining, tricky nuances of German Grammar.
on 23 July 2017