Customer reviews

The best concise grammar of German I have yet seen. Really clear and concise, with suffcient examples to elucidate the points made. Good typography too.

Strongly recommended.
on 16 August 2013
I bought this along with the BBC Talk German books and CDs as I am revising German learned some years ago in preparation for a trip to Germay in a few months time. This book is excellent - explanations and examples and clear and it makes what is not always an appealing topic interesting.
on 23 July 2017
Comprehensive
on 16 June 2017
I started trying to refresh my schoolboy German (now 40 years old) about three months ago following some business trips to Germany. I decided to use the Duolingo app and in many ways it's very good but I had reached the stage of getting frustrated that I was getting things wrong and not understanding why. Duolingo is no help here (at least on a smart phone) but this book meets that need perfectly. It explains concepts of grammar very simply and is extremely accessible and readable. I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually enjoying reading a book on German grammar ! Highly recommended
on 11 August 2013
Book is attractive and well-structured. Covers the basics of German grammar and is possible to read from cover to cover. Recommended for anyone trying to move on from the various popular introduction to German courses.
on 21 October 2014
Well set out and very clear. Perfect for revising my German grammar which I first learnt nearly 50 years ago.
Excellent BBC series, grammar accompanying book. Since there are a fair number of rules for the grammar of German language, I thought that I would avail myself of this book to accompany my Talk German BBC course. I have not been disappointed. Would thoroughly recommend. It always helps to have a separate grammar book to refer to.
on 10 November 2015
I like the way this book is organised into bite sized chunks. This makes it very easy to focus on particular grammar points one step at a time. Makes learning German Grammar really enjoyable!
on 17 February 2016
An excellent companion to the Talk German Box Set if you want to be able to speak more correctly and to understand better the rules and structures of the modern language.
on 4 January 2015
Excellent profuct; very useful.