Customer reviews

on 6 May 2017
I have dyslexia and always found studying and remembering things tricky. Then I found this book, it has been a life saver! I also recommend searching on YouTube for the author as some of his videos are extremely helpful also!
on 23 July 2017
I wish I had this book when I was studying. Got this as my son has exams soon. This book has helped us both!!
on 5 December 2012
This book will be a great investment in your future. Nobody tells you how to study and very often we end up spending hours and hours trying to understand and learn huge quantities of information. Something which is very often required of the modern day student. Tony Buzan made a big change in my life. In just one month I managed to improve my studies. My reading and understanding became more fluent, my way of organizing my studies improved way beyond what I though possible, my memory, or better said, use of my memory skyrocketed. My teachers are very proud of me now.
You can NOT AFFORD to NOT INVEST in this book. The price is just ridiculous for what it teaches you. It's probably less than you spend on beer on a Friday, so take the chance to improve and become an A-grade student now... I did. And I am very happy that I spent the little money it costs.
on 23 December 2007
This amazingly lucid and accessible little book provides the reader with several very useful, interrelated techniques--Mind Mapping, Speed Reading, and Memory Techniques--aimed at aiding the student to get better grades on exams, essays, and projects. The former technique (Mind Mapping), in my opinion, is covered in sufficient depth and is probably the most interesting and novel of the three; on the other hand, the latter two are touched upon relatively superficially--especially the section on Speed Reading is very meager. In short, this book is extremely helpful, being a manual introducing a number of simple techniques that allow one to study more effectively and efficiently; do no expect, however, an extensive academic work covering studying techniques in great detail and in a scientific fashion. Finally, although it is not mentioned in the book, it should be noted that Mind-Mapping software is available, eliminating the need to make them on paper.
11 Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2007
The way this book is written makes it very accessible and an easy read, without losing the depth of what Mr Buzan is trying to say. There are many study books on the market. I have not read a lot of them but the ones I have seen can often be overwhelming. This one is a perfect size to provide the information required and doesn't keep you hanging on and prevent you from getting on with putting your new skills into practice. I certainly found it very useful indeed.
on 22 February 2011
I'm currently on gap year and I've found this book few months ago. If I had such a book before I think I would never be on gap year and never lost my motivation for studies.
Next september I will go back to university WITH this book and I hope it will help me to succeed this time. This book gave me motivation to pursue and not give up.
I would recommend this book to anyone who has difficulties like me.
on 8 November 2011
I have only had this book for a few weeks and since then I have started to improve, it gives clear instruction step by step.I am now more confident that I will pass all my exams with ease when the time comes
on 12 August 2012
This is certaintly a great book. There is so much about your brain and other general study related information that you can learn from this small book, that it comes as a surprise when you reach the end. The layout and platora of colors used are eay on the eye and definitely make the book more interesting. However my only quarrel with the book is that most of the key points such as speed reading has not been explained clearly at all and the BOST system could have been presented better, as it takes more than a couple of reads to understand it clearly.

Overall, great book and definitely recommend it.
on 4 July 2010
As a study skills guide it's quite useful specially in studying techniques; time management, organizing ideas, and mind mapping. But as a matter of speed reading it wasn't as I expected, I think you need to read more about this aspect, practice, and see the results your self.
on 24 April 2013
Some may find it strange in our technologically advanced society to even read a book, however, Buzan has once again delivered the reasons why.

Sit back, and relax, and watch your mind and brain develop, in this useful, and affordable study skills book.

I purchased it, knowing of his work, and the rave reviews this book has received, and i was not wrong.

Anybody wishing to tone their memory skills, study skills, revision skills and more, needs to purchase this book, and see how simply it can be achieved.

Even if your not a fan of long reading, the presentation of the techniques, and the writing is simply laid out, so even the part-time readers can set the book down, and come back to it knowing they don't have to worry about forgetting any of the techniques.

Whether your a University student, wishing to learn better revision techniques and note taking, or just wish to improve your skills to help you with your job or for leisure, this book will certainly deliver, and can not be missed!