Customer reviews

Format: Board book|Change

on 12 January 2014
I bought this book because it is nice to handle for a young child, also very clearly and attractively illustrated. It is also a good opportunity to very gently introduce the topic of stranger danger. Thank you.
on 16 May 2017
Fantastic books, wonderfully & imaginatively illustrated. We've had this +Oh No George & Ssh we have a plan for a while now, we love reading them & our 4 year old is fully engaged by them, reading them back to us now. Thoroughly recommend.
on 3 June 2017
Ordered this for my friend, she wanted it for her grandson who loves the book.
on 14 July 2017
Great Book. Lovely illustrations, really different to what is usually seen in children's books. My daughter loves it, although possibly not quite as much as 'Oh No George', which is a favourite and I would also recommend.
on 24 April 2012
This book is just perfect. It takes a familiar story line; there are several children's books out there that tell exactly the same story - the most well known being Monkey Puzzle (Julia Donaldson). However, this telling is perfect in its subtlety and simplicity. It says only what it needs to say and that is quite enough. It is not muddied by jangling rhyme or pictures that shout. Just a simple reading that shows the excitement of the squirrel trying to help and the disappointment of the baby owl each time it doesn't work out and toddlers, everywhere, understand. I found this book really useful when my nearly two year old went through a phase of running away from me at every inappropriate moment. He adored the book and the fact that the owl mummy's feelings are also revealed in this charming story, make it, from me, superior to other similar tales.
on 1 December 2012
My grandson age just three, absolutely loved it - I must have read it to him 6 times in one evening. He asked his mummy and Daddy and Grandad and Gran and Grandpa to read it to him as well!
Such a simole book -but what a big success
on 14 June 2017
My 18 month old nephew loves this book. Lovely book with adorable illustrations.
on 23 May 2017
One of the best books that I read to my child. She loves it and reads it over and over again. Fantastic illustrations!
on 26 February 2016
Spot on! Love these
This is a very cute story, with lovely retro illustrations. A baby owl falls out of his nest and is found by a friendly squirrel, who tries to help him find his mother. Baby owl says she is very big, so owl takes her to a bear. But she has pointy ears, so he takes her to a rabbit, etc. My only criticism is that the story is very similar to Julia Donaldson's "Monkey Puzzle". However, saying that, my children found it very sweet and funny and they asked me to read it again, so it was a winner in our house. The book has a very nice feel to it, espcially when (having found mum), baby owl is sitting just a little close to the edge of the nest again when the story ends... It's quite humorous and quirky and I think it will appeal to children of about 2-5 years.