on 15 August 2017
Haha brilliant and beautifully drawn.
on 26 February 2016
Fantastic! Love all of Chris Haughton's books. Fantastic art work and my son adores every one. A great find
on 13 December 2016
Beautifully illustrated & a fun story to read with your child.
on 19 August 2017
Initially I thought this book was silly but it captivated my son's attention and now it's one of our favorites.
on 18 July 2017
I like it but my son prefers other books.
on 29 May 2016
Superb book. I really enjoy reading it and my 3 year old joins in
on 30 June 2016
Very imaginative and clever book. When I first read this to my just turned three year old daughter I was a little taken aback by the lack of words in it. I feared she would be bored at the seeming lack of story but not at all. She loved the artistry which is so distinctive compared to a lot of books for children. Its great fun to read to her and to get her to join in. When I say "Ssshh" I put a finger to my lips and she joins in copying me as I motion in a creeping way as if we were both sneaking up on that pesky bird. She loves it and I do too.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 April 2014
A skilled reader could have a field day with this. Lots of opportunity for dramatic silences, voices, and ascending / descending phrases.

For a parent it's fun to read. Very few words mean the pictures have to work hard to tell the story. And they do. A family is out to catch a bird in their nets. The littlest family member wants to talk to the bird but is always shhed while the bigger family members use nets, ladders and other tools... but still can't catch him. Will someone succeed?

A wicked sense of humour pervades - size isn't everything. Simplicity often works best. And it's not always good to get what you wanted...

Simply but effectively (and memorably) illustrated. Very distinctive style. And excellent use of the simplest of text, that burgeoning readers will find themselves able to read.

Read it twice through to my three-year-old and we both laughed at all the mishaps and the ending.
on 2 March 2017
Our 14 months old was enamored with this cute little story form the first moment we read it to him - watching as we turned the pages with excitement! Chris Haughton has a style of writing which creates almost an "anti-rhythm". Where Dr. Suess and Julia Donaldson write stories with a clear cadence and song-like qualities, Chris creates a wonderful tension and pace with his words. At the same time every page is filled with fun and full of character.

In our house, Chris Haughton books are a "must buy"! And "Shh! We Have a Plan" always demands multiple repeat readings :)
on 16 May 2017
Such a simple concept, and yet it is absolutely perfect! This book makes me so happy and is so much fun to read aloud; it's very repetitive, full of expression and is beautifully illustrated (like all of Chris Haughton's books let's be honest!).

Shh! We Have A Plan is one of my number one picks for storytime and is one of those stories that you can really make your own with actions and the different volumes, and is also a great choice for beginner readers due to the repetition. Whilst recently re-reading this, my little sister (although capable of reading much trickier books) had so much fun reading it confidently out loud and did all the actions and different SHH!s. It was brilliant!

I can't recommend this book highly enough if you are looking for a quiet bedtime or fun read that will keep little ones engaged!

I would also recommend: