Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 June 2015
A lovely book with engaging pictures and delightful use of language. I love the idea that everyday rubbish is transformed into something magical. My daughter especially loves the pictures of the lolly sticks and the pirates. Highly recommend it.
on 18 January 2013
I gave this to a 3yr old,and to a 4yr old. Both children loved this book.I don't think you can go far wrong with Quentin Blake !
on 20 June 2013
This is a delightful and magical story for kids between 3 and 7 years old. The illustrations are beautiful too.
on 5 February 2013
The illustrations are immediately captivating but also have so much detail in them to ponder. The story is simple but thought provoking. My nearly 5 year old loves then book, both having it read to her but also browsing through it herself.
on 17 April 2013
I was lucky enough to see Quentin Blake's original art work for the cover of this book at a recent exhibition at the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge. Inspired by this, I read the story and loved it. It's beautifully quirky. I think it will appeal to girls and boys alike as pirates feature in the tale. This purchase is a present for young relatives, aged under six years, but I'm planning to have a copy for myself as it makes me smile so much.
on 11 July 2016
This is a wonderful book. Probably about my seventh copy as I give it to everyone with small children.
Boys enjoy it as much as girls it is not a girly story.
I recommend it to adults and children alike.
on 17 November 2012
The book arrived well on time and was all I was hoping for. Great book and all the children I have shared it with have loved it .
on 8 March 2013
Dream team, brilliant book which shows such fantastic imagination from both writer and illustrator.
Very sad to think there wont be anymore books to look forward to.
on 1 May 2015
My six-year-old horse-crazy niece loved this book.
on 6 July 2014
great fun for little ones