Customer reviews

The Iron Man (Illustrated Classics)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 August 2015
This is such a brilliant story. I first read this to my class of eight year old children when I began teaching over 20 years ago. Then over the years I have revisited it with many other children and they have unfailingly loved it. The film version in the 1980's, renamed The Iron Giant, was good but the book is infinitely better. This edition has some beautiful illustrations although for me the original black and white images by Andrew Davidson remain iconic.
on 16 February 2017
Very good volume for children that need the pictures in addition to the text. ( Helpful for EAL children)
on 17 October 2017
10 year old son loved this - superquick delivery
on 25 July 2015
The story is a classic and still aa strange and magical as I found it as a child. The illustrations for this edition are often beautiful, my only criticism is that several times the illustrator makes what I think are odd choices about what to depict, showing lots of little people or houses, rather than the iron man, which is obviously what my 4-year-old is interested in seeing. But it's still a lovely edition.
on 17 January 2014
Good service. Arrived promptly and safely Well packed .We all enjoyed reading/listening to story and liked the illustrations.Nothing to add
on 10 November 2017
Beautiful book. Cannot wait to give it to son!
on 28 October 2016
Great old story but art work not designed for children. If anything, the artwork could put kids off reading the book. Wish I paid a fraction of the price for a non illustrated version of the book.
on 3 February 2014
I will keep it as a present as it is so beautifully illustrated ... and written ! A real classic.
on 16 July 2015
A superb illustrated book and tremendous Ted Hughes story!
on 1 December 2016
The pictures made this accessible to some very young children. Brilliantly simple images.