on 21 August 2010
I purchased this item for my 7 year old great niece who was coming for a visit. When it arrived I could not believe how delicate and beautiful the illustrations were. My great niece loved it and from the way she looked after it, it was obvious that she thought it was special. I certainly thought so. Pictures apart, the information lay out was great and well written. all in all, a real winner.
on 10 January 2013
Lovely illustrated book really enjoyed by our eight years old grandaughter. When a little younger she found it fascinating searching the garden for different insects, turning over small boulders and looking underneath thick logs. Would definitely recommend this book.
on 12 October 2012
bought this lovely little book for my grandaughter to make insects less scary and more interesting,its beautifully written and the illustrations are fab,I highly recomend this book and seller.
on 10 June 2014
Really like this and the guide to Wild Flowers and Trees too - great bits of information and lovely illustrations.
on 10 September 2013
6 yo now enthralled - great words (easy to read), encourages outside exploration with new eyes, provides enough information to stimulate interest
on 15 July 2014
Beautifully written and illustrated
on 19 December 2014
Easy to follow and a good starter.