Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?
Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 February 2014
This is a lovely gentle story which is perfect for bedtime reading. The words just flow in a soft and peaceful tone which gently encourages relaxation ready for sleep. You cannot go wrong with this book. Every child should have it read to them.
on 21 January 2011
I ordered this book and DVD set shortly after it had sadly gone out of production in 2009, and pretty much forgot about it. When Amazon informed me it was available again in early 2011, I happily accepted the offer and it arrived a few days later.

I'm so, so glad it did.

My 2 year old son is absolutely enchanted by the whole package. The DVD is short but beautiful, using the original pictures from the book with a little animation, soothing narration and gentle backing music to tell the story. My son loves to cuddle up with me under a blanket to share a special moment watching the story before bedtime.

Even if he's seen the DVD that night, though, there's nothing like a bedtime story from mum - and this book has fast become one of his very favourites. From the opening line common to all the "Little Bear" stories, through Little Bear's fear of the dark and Big Bear's reassurance and care, to the final moments where Big Bear says he's brought Little Bear "the bright yellow moon, and all the stars" to light the darkness...it's just a lovely, gentle, heartwarming story. Barbara Firth's illustrations, of course, are stunning and pitched just right for such a soothing tale.

At the price I bought this set for from Amazon (5.99, free delivery) it's a real bargain, considering the amount of pleasure it's already given my little boy. I highly recommend it. After falling in love with this one, I've just ordered a hardback copy of all the Little Bear stories, and look forward to seeing my little boy's face when it arrives.
on 25 July 2017
Bought few of the big bear little bear books as our baby loves them. The ilustrations are very pretty and we enjoy reading it.
on 28 February 2015
Beautifully presented book but story was not as expected. My little ones have no problems going to bed and are not afraid of the dark (yet!).
I was expecting a relaxing bed time story, however on every page it highlights the night and bedtime being something to be scared of and to me this would just create a problem that was never there. I can see that it could be a good book if your little ones did already have issues with bedtime and the dark though.
on 8 January 2014
This was my favourite book when I was a child and I had been looking everywhere for it so I could give it to my daughter at christmas. Great price on amazon and arrived on time in mint condition(25th anniversary edition!)
Really glad I looked on amazon for this-made my day reading through it with my little girl for the first time and remembering it from my own childhood!
on 13 May 2017
Well done little book for small children about fear of the dark..
on 28 September 2017
Excellent
on 27 April 2017
Wonderful bedtime story book.
on 25 August 2016
A really lovely book. Classic bedtime reading with beautifully illustration. A must have for all children. Not really suitable for babies as colours are not bright enough. However, will enjoy reading this to my daughter when she is older :)
on 29 August 2015
I would not purchase this unless your child is ALREADY AFRAID OF THE DARK, if they aren't and you read this regularly, they will sure get the idea that there is something to be afraid of.