Customer reviews

on 24 May 2010
Elephant & Piggie books are my absolute favourite, laugh out loud picture/reader books. How can so much expression come from two simply drawn characters and so few words? They are just pure genius in the realms of Dr. Seuss. I wasn't surprised to find out that Mo Willems was an award winning writer for Sesame Street. These are fantastic for learning to read and even better for visual literacy. Humour that appeals to children and adults, simple cartoon style pictures, and importantly of all two adorable characters to follow throughout all of their adventures - I Am Invited to a Party, I Will Surprise My Friend, My Friend is Sad, Today I will Fly, Are You Ready to Play Outside? & my absolute favourite, There is a Bird on Your Head (which always makes me laugh). I buy children's books in my work and see an awful lot of them. These stood out and I hope there will be more. Totally delightful.
on 6 February 2011
My sons are huge fans of the Pigeon books and now we get to enjoy every Elephant & Piggie book. An exceptional kids' writer. Glad we found these. We have every book in the series now. This was our first one.
on 13 May 2014
My Grandson loved this book, which was recommended to me by my eldest daughter. It is very clever, has good pictures, & zips along. We are going to buy some more Mo Willems books, because they are readable, modern & understandable. Soon my granson of 4years of age will be reading them to me.
on 8 January 2014
A great fan of Willems books and this title runs a close second as my favorite one. His spare line drawings are nothing short of brilliant as he manages to convey so much with just a few lines. Love love love his work!
on 1 October 2016
This is the funniest book ever. We always have so much fun reading it with my 3 year old son. He knows all he lines now, we take turns being Gerald or Piggie