Customer reviews

Sweet Dreams, Maisy
Format: Board book|Change

on 11 March 2017
Cute bedtime story with bright colourful illustrations. Always a safe bet buying a hardback book. Great for with standing the hands of a toddler.
on 1 September 2009
I ordered this product based on the other reviews, which said the product had a nightlight feature, with the stars lighting up on the final page when the child pressed a button. It appears however, that there are two versions of this book and when the book arrived, it didn't have this feature, despite all the reviews discussing it. I have been disappointed with Amazon's response on this - they say they do not sell the version with the nightlight feature but seem happy to review it!
on 29 April 2017
A real favourite for parents and children alike!
on 25 July 2006
My 14-month-old daughter loves this book and has me read it over and over so she can race to the last page and press the magic button lighting up the moon and stars that twinkle over Maisy. Seeing her eyes grow wide and hear her gasp with delight when those little lighted stars and moon shine was well worth the cost of the book. Also, she has tried repeatedly to 'turn' the last page, ie, lift the page protecting the box containing the three little lights. The good news is that the glue used to keep this 'page' intact is very strong and she is no where close to getting it apart, so I have no worries that she might try to eat the little lights. A super book -- my daughter's favorite Maisy book by far, which helps me justify the cost over her other board books.
on 11 October 2008
I bought this book for my 16 month old grandchild, on the strength of the reviews given so far. It was a big hit from the first reading and soon became a favourite. She too loves to get to the bit when she can light up the moon and stars. Seeing her response has given me as much pleasure as she gets from reading it!
on 19 August 2015
I bought this on the recommendation of the Bookstart pack my health visitor gave me a couple of weeks ago. I'm so glad I did!

My 10 month old loves this book - we've had nightly readings for a week and bedtime has been transformed! Until last week my baby would cry hysterically as soon as we laid her down after bath-massage-milk-stories. Through repeated bouts of hysterical crying, I would have to stroke her to sleep (or if really bad, pick up/put down) and this would take a long hour, or on bad nights, two hours.

For the last few nights she has lain straight down and has immediately quietly fallen asleep. Wow! The only thing I've changed is that we now read this book!

It's a fantastic simple story with short easy sentences which cleverly goes from a high energy bright day to very soothing night and bedtime.

Baby smiles when she sees the cover. After we get to the last page (baby helping by turning the pages), my baby expectantly turns back to the beginning and sits through a further one or two readings. This is no problem as the book doesn't take too long to read.

Delighted! I'm so grateful too.
on 13 June 2008
The words to the story are a little dull but we make up our own story that works with the pictures and matches our own bedtime routine. My daugther loves saying hello to each of Maisy's friends as they are playing in the garden then waving goodbye to them all. We then talk through how Maisy and Panda get ready for bed, get into their pyjamas and have milk and a story. When Maisy kisses Panda goodnight, my daughter kisses Panda too. But most of all, she loves the shining moon and twinkling stars when she can press the light on at the end.
Great book, would definitely recommend it for toddlers.
on 10 November 2009
This is NOT the light up version that all the other reviews are raving about.
on 3 March 2009
My 2 year old daughter loves this book and we have to read it every night before bed. Its a lovely colourful book although the text is a bit boring, but I add in the names of her little friends etc. to make it a bit more interesting. The last page is lovely where the moon and stars light up. This is the first Maisy book I have bought and haven't been disappointed - will definitely be adding more Maisy books to her collection.
on 3 October 2013
This is a great book, there's no doubt about that. My son loved it and his copy was so battered that I thought I'd get a new one for my daughter. To my dismay this is the US/Canada edition, with spellings like 'color' and instead of 'Twinkle Twinkle', Maisy sings 'Hush a Bye' Disappointed that this is not clear from the sales details. Items should specify when they are not UK editions where there are differences.
If you can be sure you are getting the UK version, it's brilliant....