on 14 January 2018
I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was delighted by the simplicity of the recipes and the flavoursome results.

The stand out recipe for me was the lemon drizzle cake. I tweaked the process a little by using my mixer for the first part and finished of with the folding in of flour, the result was a to die for cake.

I would recommend this book mainly for those who have an interest in cooking, and want to figure out things on their own as it gives lots of sensible advice in most things at the start of the book, without being OTT.

Over all a good book.
on 26 August 2017
Great book for my granddaughter who is going to university. She is not vegetarian but there are great ideas to eat well.
on 7 November 2017
the best
on 6 June 2014
Brilliant, easy to follow recipes. I've tried out quite a few of them that turned out quite well & delectable!
on 24 July 2013
I bought this for my Sister who has just turned vegetarian. Quick arrival, good quality and even I (not being vegetarian) had my tummy grumbling by flicking though it!
on 29 October 2017
Great book
on 3 July 2010
As a committed carnivore married to a vegetarian, what to have for dinner can lead to a bit of an argument. Vegetarian food can be so bland and uninspiring, and we've wasted plenty of money over the years on veggie cookbooks that have since been gathering dust on the shelves. Thankfully, Sam Stern has filled a much-needed gap in the veggie cookbook market. This is a book that's chock full of delicious and easy to make recipes with photos that make you want to rush to the kitchen and get the pans out. It's not worthy, either; just straightforward decent food that happens to contain no meat. We've had it a few weeks now, and both of us have really enjoyed working through lots of the recipes. A firm favourite is the Chinese aubergine dish, as well as the Mexican salad. The curries are delicious and any of the soups make an easy standby meal for after work. Would recommend wholeheartedly to meat eaters and non-meat eaters alike.
0Comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Young, aspiring culinary prodigy Sam Stern returns to our bookshelves with his latest title, Eat Vegetarian. Aimed at encouraging young people to cook, this book provides a collection of classic, easy to prepare vegetarian meals. You will find a selection of favourite vegetarian dishes in here, like Thai Green Curry, Quesadillas and Brandy Snap Baskets. The recipes are all written in a simple style and are very easy to follow. Overall the book is very colourful, with bright and tempting photos of each recipe. This is a great book for people wanting to learn the foundation recipes of vegetarian cooking - and if it encourages more young people to stat cooking, all the better!
on 5 September 2012
My husband and I are not vegetarian, just enjoy good healthy food. I came across this book quite by accident and what a great accident. The recipes are easy to follow; tasty and not expensive to make. My only criticism, if you could even call it that, is that Sam obviously likes his cheese! As we are trying to cut down on our dairy intake, we simply replace a lot of ordinary cheese with a non-dairy version, which works just as well! If you want to reduce the amount of meat you are eating; reduce your food shopping bill or just try veggie 'cos you can, then I would STRONGLY recommend this book!
on 28 September 2011
I have a tendency to buy cookery books and then stash them at the back of a cupboard - never to be seen again - sorry Nigella ;o) This book has not left my worktop since I bought it, the kids have gone through it and marked things they want me to cook, I have of course, pointed out that as Sam has cooked it - they are perfectly capable of cooking it too! We have not been veggie very long and this book has really helped us stick to it. The cakes are great too. Totally recommended (as much as it pains me to admit I am learning from a teenage boy!!!)